New stereo help please

This is a discussion on New stereo help please within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I have a 2005 WRX and I want to replace the stock head unit with an aftermarket head unit. The ...

Exclamation New stereo help please

I have a 2005 WRX and I want to replace the stock head unit with an aftermarket head unit. The original stereo place is too big and I know I need something that makes it smaller for the new head unit and also leaves a little pocket underneath. I can't seem to find one and I don't know what their called can someone help me? and are they universal for all stereos once i get one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Its called a dash kit. Goto your local audio parts store, I paid $10. Best buy wanted like $20 or $25.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Or a quick google search landed me here

Stereo Install Dash Kit Subaru WRX 05 06 2005 2006 (car radio wiring installation parts) | CarXtc

incase your local car audio shops dont have one You'll also need the wiring harness adapter too.. can get those online or at your local car audio shop... best buy might have it too but they'll bend ya over on the price.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

hey guys, i'm new around here and i just had a question. i was wondering what the specific sizes and shapes the speakers in the front and rear of a 2003 2.5 RS are? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SaintSneak View Post
    hey guys, i'm new around here and i just had a question. i was wondering what the specific sizes and shapes the speakers in the front and rear of a 2003 2.5 RS are? thanks
    goto http://www.crutchfeild.com and enter your cars info and it will give you all the info you need.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2