What do you guys do for Ipods in your cars? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on What do you guys do for Ipods in your cars? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Whoops..... Metra is where i Ordred my dash pocket from ... Metra Electronics...

Whoops..... Metra is where i Ordred my dash pocket from ...

Metra Electronics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i have an aftermarket in dash and i have the ipod cord coming out by the tray, i like it a lot.. looks like this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new carf pics 030.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	85723
    Blobeye Syndicate #218

looks like im going to have to get a new head, a cabel adapter and cable is like 100 bucks, im just goint to upgrade the sound system someday....until then radio thing and Cds, hey modded head that has the lcd screen....does that have a GPS and stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by AsILayDying View Post
    I use the pioneer head unit along with the Ipod adapter. My Ipod is in the center console under my arm rest in the lower spot. I never have to touch it or fool with it ever since it charges is it as well. Plus the head unit has full control of the ipod exact same controls as the ipod itself. Love it and would never get rid of it. You cant even tell I have an Ipod hooked up or even in the car since there are no visible wires. This is the way I would go but thats JMHO.
    Ditto, had the avic d3 in my trailblazer ss and im gonna get the new avic 990 for the sti. pioneer by far has the best ipod integration ever

Ok, I have a Pioneer system and with iPods it is a walk in the park. There is a usb plug in my glove box and i have a combination bluetooth/iphone charger that i plug into that. That cable then holds my bluetooth headpiece (illegal to drive+talk without one in California now) and plugs into the bottom of my iPhone.

As long as you use an iPOD and not an iPHONE there are no problems. When you have the phone like me, you constantly have to deal with that "this accessory is not designed to work with this device... blah blah blah", which means that you have to click "no" on the iphone screen and then it all works as advertised.

Oh, and it also means that my phone AND bluetooth headset are always charging in the car, even if i turn off the music.

Oh, if you want my stock OEM radio (02 wrx wagon) with the tape deck that will take your adapter, you can have it for the cost of shipping.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12