JL Audio stealth box installed!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on JL Audio stealth box installed! within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; just got done installing a JL Audio stealth box with the 10' w6v2, it sounds amazing. Powering it with a ...

JL Audio stealth box installed!

just got done installing a JL Audio stealth box with the 10' w6v2, it sounds amazing. Powering it with a cheap Sony amp for now when i get the money gonna get the JL amp. But after spending 700 bucks on the sub didn't have the 600 for the amp lol. It still hits hard like there is 2 subs back there and i lost almost no trunk space. Recommend this sub to any one looking for a lot of bass in a small area. Also found a easy way to run the amp wire if anyone is interested?

12.7 1/4 mile w/ intercooler sprayer

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

We have been using these stealthboxes for many customers at our shop and the results have been great. If you look in the for sale section I have a JLG6600 6 channel amp, only one month old for sale!! Its a $900 amp and can run 300w rms to your sub (perfect for a w6) and 75w to all 4 of your speakers!

I have an entire jl setup in my 09 WRX and love their equipment!!
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

sounds like a great amp i will have to check it out but for now i am broke. i have a 4 channel jl amp powering the rest of my speakers right now also. Thanks for the info though one amp would be so easier

when are they making one for for 08-09?
    2009 WRX..KN&N Typhoon intake, HKS SSQ BOV..

I have not heard anything from JL yet, I will call the rep and ask tomorrow.
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

Hey, I've been trying to figure out how I'm going to install subwoofer(s) myself to save money on installation. I know I'm going to need an amp, the wiring, and the sub(s). Has anyone done a job themselves that could share some info or point me towards a video I can buy or something?

The easiest and safest way i found to run a amp wire is to start by removing the battery, you'll see a yellow fender well bezel with a harness running through it with plenty of room for more wire that leads into the driver side fender. Jack the driver side up and lower the fender liner. Follow that harness to where it runs into a black rubber fire wall bushing. It also has the hood release cable in it. Poke a hole in the bushing and fish your wire into the passenger compartment. Once snug Zip tie the amp cable to the harness in the fender well and reinstall the fender liner. If you mount the amp under the seat remove the driver door sill lead the cable to under the seat. Be careful with removing the seat if you have side air bags make sure the battery has been disconnected for 10 min first to allow the RCM to power down. If you mount the amp in the trunk remove the lower half of the rear seat by removing the 2 bolts below it and raising straight up and the rear door sill panel. Lead the Amp wire under the carpet near the sill wall and up the on top of the seat well then into the trunk. For the R/C jacks that go in the radio you can run them the same path up the driver side secure it under the dash on the driver side and into the back of your radio. For a ground under the seat you can use a seat bolt and for in the trunk find a good metal surface or a nut to the rear struts. If you need any more help just ask.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.