2009 WRX - Mounting Amps Under Front Seats & Other Random Stereo Questions - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on 2009 WRX - Mounting Amps Under Front Seats & Other Random Stereo Questions within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by slobo7x That's awesome! Just a question if you don't mind.. Why are you powering the rear speakers ...

Quote Originally Posted by slobo7x View Post
    That's awesome! Just a question if you don't mind..

Why are you powering the rear speakers with an amp? Why not get a single 4 channel amp, power the fronts and bridge the two remaining channels for the sub? Just curious..Since most of the sound stage is in the front speakers..
    Thanks!

I know it's not 100% necessary, but the 4 channel amp under the passenger seat will be powering my 4 6.5" mb quarts (it's only powering the rears now, stock speakers up front are still in place powered by my clarion deck). I just like to get the most out of my setup and I like to have 100 watts per door speaker, just to be safe . I dont want to underpower any of my speakers, and I can definitely hear a difference in sound having an amp power the rear speakers vs just running off of the deck (53w per channel).
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Finally Done!

Finally finished and it sounds sweet! I Dynamatted all of the doors and I think that really helped as well.

Just a heads up to anyone thinking of getting MB Quarts. I picked up a set of the RSI 216's a few months ago before I knew they were no longer made in Germany. The sound quality still seems as good as any other set of Quarts I've owned over the years, however I was not able to use the new tweeters. The new tweeters are too way big to fit into the factory tweeter mounts. Luckily I had an extra set of tweeters from an older set of MB Quarts (RCE 213) and they fit great. I just had to use a piece of plumbing strap to make a little mount for it. It worked like a charm and the holes in the strap lined up perfectly with the tweeter and the factory mount (Sorry I didn't take a pic). As far as mounting the 6 1/2's I used the IAPERFORMANCE speaker adapter kit, one of their 1/2" spacers gave me just enough clearance for the window.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234