2009 WRX - Mounting Amps Under Front Seats & Other Random Stereo Questions - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on 2009 WRX - Mounting Amps Under Front Seats & Other Random Stereo Questions within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by slobo7x That's awesome! Just a question if you don't mind.. Why are you powering the rear speakers ...

Quote Originally Posted by slobo7x View Post
    That's awesome! Just a question if you don't mind..

Why are you powering the rear speakers with an amp? Why not get a single 4 channel amp, power the fronts and bridge the two remaining channels for the sub? Just curious..Since most of the sound stage is in the front speakers..
    Thanks!

I know it's not 100% necessary, but the 4 channel amp under the passenger seat will be powering my 4 6.5" mb quarts (it's only powering the rears now, stock speakers up front are still in place powered by my clarion deck). I just like to get the most out of my setup and I like to have 100 watts per door speaker, just to be safe . I dont want to underpower any of my speakers, and I can definitely hear a difference in sound having an amp power the rear speakers vs just running off of the deck (53w per channel).
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Finally Done!

Finally finished and it sounds sweet! I Dynamatted all of the doors and I think that really helped as well.

Just a heads up to anyone thinking of getting MB Quarts. I picked up a set of the RSI 216's a few months ago before I knew they were no longer made in Germany. The sound quality still seems as good as any other set of Quarts I've owned over the years, however I was not able to use the new tweeters. The new tweeters are too way big to fit into the factory tweeter mounts. Luckily I had an extra set of tweeters from an older set of MB Quarts (RCE 213) and they fit great. I just had to use a piece of plumbing strap to make a little mount for it. It worked like a charm and the holes in the strap lined up perfectly with the tweeter and the factory mount (Sorry I didn't take a pic). As far as mounting the 6 1/2's I used the IAPERFORMANCE speaker adapter kit, one of their 1/2" spacers gave me just enough clearance for the window.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.