need help with 09 stock stereo interface

This is a discussion on need help with 09 stock stereo interface within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; whats up guys... i have 2 questions that i couldnt find in my manual. 1. When i turn on my ...

need help with 09 stock stereo interface

whats up guys... i have 2 questions that i couldnt find in my manual.

1. When i turn on my car, the led reads "subaru". i woud like to change it. anyone know how?

2. the ipod connect in the console doesnt seem to synch with the face. when i plug the pod in it reads subaru on the face of the pod, but there is no control on my actual stereo. am i missing something?
    thx!
    09 WRX dgm
    gt spec front strut bar. <--- first mod

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

anyone?
    09 WRX dgm

The "SAT" function on your headunit should be the input for the factory ipod kit. Sounds weird but i've seen it in the 15+ imprezas that I have installed the ipod interface on. Pressing "text" will display track # and scroll artist/song titles. The other round button (same as power button, but on opposite side) will then scroll through tracks. The ipod should always display the subaru logo.

No idea on changing what the headunit displays upon start-up.

Quote Originally Posted by 06WRXturbo View Post
    The "SAT" function on your headunit should be the input for the factory ipod kit. Sounds weird but i've seen it in the 15+ imprezas that I have installed the ipod interface on. Pressing "text" will display track # and scroll artist/song titles. The other round button (same as power button, but on opposite side) will then scroll through tracks. The ipod should always display the subaru logo.

No idea on changing what the headunit displays upon start-up.
    +1

I have the 09 with the iPod interface. The kit should have come with a manual. It also comes with this temporary sticky template you can put over your HU, which shows what buttons do what when you're in iPod mode (via the SAT button).

If you want, I can scan that for you tomorrow (Thurs) and post it up.
    '09 WRX 5-door Premium
    Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT

hey thx guys for the info. i didnt even see that someone replied.. thx doc if you could post that would be great. i was posting to write what the diff functions do (i figured em out some what) but if you got the sticky scan its a bit easier.
    09 WRX dgm