OEM Stereo wiring harness?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on OEM Stereo wiring harness? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I've got a 2002 WRX sedan that I took the OEM head unit out of a few months back. However, ...

OEM Stereo wiring harness?

I've got a 2002 WRX sedan that I took the OEM head unit out of a few months back. However, I blew the amp on my subwoofer and the head unit doesn't work well with just the OEM speakers. The OEM head unit sounds better.

The problem is, when I replaced the wiring harness, I neglected to save the old one for the original head unit. Is this something I can go to Wal Mart and get or will I have to order through a Subaru dealership, or what?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2112 View Post
    I've got a 2002 WRX sedan that I took the OEM head unit out of a few months back. However, I blew the amp on my subwoofer and the head unit doesn't work well with just the OEM speakers. The OEM head unit sounds better.

The problem is, when I replaced the wiring harness, I neglected to save the old one for the original head unit. Is this something I can go to Wal Mart and get or will I have to order through a Subaru dealership, or what?
    did you cut the stock harness?

if you did I would say off to the dealership you go or find one in a junk yard.

Basically what I need is the males that go into the females on the stock head unit. When I installed the aftermarket head unit, I unplugged the males from the stock unit and then uncrimped them from the car's wiring. Then I crimped on the aftermarket wiring harness and forgot to plug the males back into the stock unit before storing it away. I must have thrown them out by accident.

i would find a wiring diagram and start from there.

if you dont have the stock conectors, then i think the only place to get them would be the dealership.

and (FYI) a 5-10 dollar wireing kit would have saved you a lot of headace.

I bought the wiring kit. This is what I did with it:

With old unit and original wiring:

With new head unit and wiring kit:

So I called the dealership. They can sell me the whole front-end wiring harness for 300 bucks. I'll try a salvage yard.

ahh i see not as bad as cutting the harness but it puts you in the same situation. I would say a salvage yard would be your best bet other than the dealership otherwise look around on the net sombody might have what you want.

Just checked a salvage yard. They want a hundred bucks for that part??

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.