OEM Stereo wiring harness?

This is a discussion on OEM Stereo wiring harness? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I've got a 2002 WRX sedan that I took the OEM head unit out of a few months back. However, ...

OEM Stereo wiring harness?

I've got a 2002 WRX sedan that I took the OEM head unit out of a few months back. However, I blew the amp on my subwoofer and the head unit doesn't work well with just the OEM speakers. The OEM head unit sounds better.

The problem is, when I replaced the wiring harness, I neglected to save the old one for the original head unit. Is this something I can go to Wal Mart and get or will I have to order through a Subaru dealership, or what?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2112 View Post
    I've got a 2002 WRX sedan that I took the OEM head unit out of a few months back. However, I blew the amp on my subwoofer and the head unit doesn't work well with just the OEM speakers. The OEM head unit sounds better.

The problem is, when I replaced the wiring harness, I neglected to save the old one for the original head unit. Is this something I can go to Wal Mart and get or will I have to order through a Subaru dealership, or what?
    did you cut the stock harness?

if you did I would say off to the dealership you go or find one in a junk yard.

Basically what I need is the males that go into the females on the stock head unit. When I installed the aftermarket head unit, I unplugged the males from the stock unit and then uncrimped them from the car's wiring. Then I crimped on the aftermarket wiring harness and forgot to plug the males back into the stock unit before storing it away. I must have thrown them out by accident.

i would find a wiring diagram and start from there.

if you dont have the stock conectors, then i think the only place to get them would be the dealership.

and (FYI) a 5-10 dollar wireing kit would have saved you a lot of headace.

I bought the wiring kit. This is what I did with it:

With old unit and original wiring:

With new head unit and wiring kit:

So I called the dealership. They can sell me the whole front-end wiring harness for 300 bucks. I'll try a salvage yard.

ahh i see not as bad as cutting the harness but it puts you in the same situation. I would say a salvage yard would be your best bet other than the dealership otherwise look around on the net sombody might have what you want.

Just checked a salvage yard. They want a hundred bucks for that part??