02/03 wrx's have a auxilarry input?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 02/03 wrx's have a auxilarry input? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; ?? stock wrx's have aux input?...

02/03 wrx's have a auxilarry input?

?? stock wrx's have aux input?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Lvis View Post
    ?? stock wrx's have aux input?
    No, not with the stock radio.

anyway around it? I would love to use my iphone for music cuz my music collection is all there

Quote Originally Posted by helitaiwan963 View Post
    anyway around it? I would love to use my iphone for music cuz my music collection is all there
    fm transmitter... although it's a pita and quality isn't the best.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

There are external media players that you can get such as this one from Kenwood.

Kenwood KOS-A200 External Media Controller Add Kenwood gear to your car's factory stereo at Crutchfield.com

I'm looking into a product like this because cars with aftermarket stereos are much more likely to get broke into. I've seen plenty of this when I lived in the city. I also like the 6 disc changer I have too... because I'm too lazy to take the discs out.

If you have the 6-disc with a cassette player, you can get a cassette adapter to plug into your iphone's headphone jack

You can try this. You'll need to play a blank CD track on repeat for it to work, but it should be much better audio quality than an FM transmitter.

I Support ClubWRX
    Honestly..my opinion is that the quality delivered by tape adapters and FM transmitters is completely unacceptable. But then, to me all of the stock stereo components in a WRX (any year) are crap.

Buy an inexpensive aftermarket head unit online that has an AUX input, and a wiring harness. The stock headunit in a bugeye is very easy to remove.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by CharT View Post
    You can try this. You'll need to play a blank CD track on repeat for it to work, but it should be much better audio quality than an FM transmitter.
    That's a very interesting approach that I may have to look into. Seems expensive for what it is though.

I agree with RayfieldsWRX that the stock stereos in any subaru pretty much stink. (ones that I've seen at least) I would just like to keep the stock look for my stereo in addition to avoiding the theft involved with aftermarket products. That's just something I'm concerned with in my area.
    Last edited by Bebop; 04-29-2009 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Honestly..my opinion is that the quality delivered by tape adapters and FM transmitters is completely unacceptable. But then, to me all of the stock stereo components in a WRX (any year) are crap.

Buy an inexpensive aftermarket head unit online that has an AUX input, and a wiring harness. The stock headunit in a bugeye is very easy to remove.
    whats one you can recomend?

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by CharT View Post
    I've recently been thinking about going with a product from those guys. This one though. It charges and includes the GLI to reduce noise from electrical interference.

I Support ClubWRX
    whats one you can recomend?
    You'll get a differing opinions about that, but I've always had great luck with the lower-end Alpine units. This one has the Aux input, MP3 (on a CD) playback, etc.

eBay Motors: ALPINE CDE-7872 (item 270306078791 end time May-19-09 15:30:22 PDT)

I've had a unit similar to this in my truck for many years. Like I said earlier, if you decide to install it yourself, a wiring harness makes things easier, and you don't have to hack up your factory wiring.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I installed the AV output from Jazzy Engineering. I got the cable that charges my iPhone while it's plugged in. I also got the GLI. The thing is great. The sound is perfect. Now I just have to get a mount for my iPhone to complete the package.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You'll get a differing opinions about that, but I've always had great luck with the lower-end Alpine units. This one has the Aux input, MP3 (on a CD) playback, etc.

eBay Motors: ALPINE CDE-7872 (item 270306078791 end time May-19-09 15:30:22 PDT)

I've had a unit similar to this in my truck for many years. Like I said earlier, if you decide to install it yourself, a wiring harness makes things easier, and you don't have to hack up your factory wiring.
    interesting, thanks! the sound system is probably last on my list of upgrades...too many things i want to do for my bug eye! lol

I Support ClubWRX
    interesting, thanks! the sound system is probably last on my list of upgrades...too many things i want to do for my bug eye! lol
    It is hard to know where to start. Good luck!
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.