2009 wrx stereo help - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2009 wrx stereo help within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by A_Bishop so... does the factor 6 disk cd player have an aux input on the back? i ...

Quote Originally Posted by A_Bishop View Post
    so... does the factor 6 disk cd player have an aux input on the back? i want to run my blackberry through my stereo and play music but i don't want to disassemble my dash if it wont work. if so is there and easy way to access the back of the head without taking a whole bunch of stuff apart?

thanks in advance
    The 09 deck does not have an aux input on the back. i just grabbed mine and had a quick look.
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    The 09 deck does not have an aux input on the back. i just grabbed mine and had a quick look.
    It sort of does. The 09 comes with an AUX jack in the center console, which via a wiring harness (8 pin connector, if I remember correctly??) connects to the back of the head unit.

If you had this wiring harness and jack, you could then input an AUX signal. However it does not just have an AUX in jack just waiting in the back...
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

mine is an 04' but from what i have gathered in my noob-ness to the Subaru community the stereo probably hasn't changed since 02'. but if anyone knows about the 04 specifically that would be a great help. thanks to you who responded tho.

Evan,

I got a pair of the premium edition sail panels/gausets for $29 from the Subaru Parts guy at the dealership I bought my WRX from. It only took like 2 days for the parts to arrive at the dealer. I was really happy as I figured they would try and screw me for like $30 each. I wouldn't go premium for just the stereo, I don't know how good it is but if it is anywhere as terrible as the stock WRX system then it would be a waste of money. I am finishing up with my system install and now my ears are much happier when I listen to tunes.

-cb

Quote Originally Posted by Cb41 View Post
    Evan,

I got a pair of the premium edition sail panels/gausets for $29 from the Subaru Parts guy at the dealership I bought my WRX from. It only took like 2 days for the parts to arrive at the dealer. I was really happy as I figured they would try and screw me for like $30 each. I wouldn't go premium for just the stereo, I don't know how good it is but if it is anywhere as terrible as the stock WRX system then it would be a waste of money. I am finishing up with my system install and now my ears are much happier when I listen to tunes.

-cb
    Sweet, thanks for the info. I'm picking up my stock WRX today. The premium just wasn't worth the extra coin to me. I'll be doing something to the stereo, just haven't decided what yet. What did you end up installing?

Evan

Nice nice, stock WRX is the way to go.

Here is my setup:
    Deck: JVC KW-AVX820
    Front Speakers: JL C2 6.5" Components
    Rear Speakers: JL C2 6.5" Coaxials
    Sub: Kicker L7 10" in ported box
    Sub Amp: Kicker ZX750.1
    Speakers Amp: Kicker ZX350.4

I used sound deadening materials in all 4 doors and in the trunk to improve the sound and get rid of rattles.

I am really happy with the setup and think it sounds great. The sub hits hard and clean and the C2 speakers sound legit as hell.

Do I need apmplifier for the factory Subwoofer?

I'm planning to replace the 09 WRX standard edition speakers and deck with Alpine ones. BTW BestBuy is running a promo $20 off for the speakers and $100 off from the install if buying deck and speakers from the same manufacturer.

About the sub now! I don't think I can afford an amplifier right now, the factory Sub that goes under the seat, does it also require an amplifier?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mEmENT0m0RI View Post
    I'm planning to replace the 09 WRX standard edition speakers and deck with Alpine ones. BTW BestBuy is running a promo $20 off for the speakers and $100 off from the install if buying deck and speakers from the same manufacturer.

About the sub now! I don't think I can afford an amplifier right now, the factory Sub that goes under the seat, does it also require an amplifier?

Thanks!
    The factory sub has an integrated amplifier.

Quote Originally Posted by evanr View Post
    The factory sub has an integrated amplifier.
    Yep, and all you have to do to install is put the "T" harness into the existing wiring harness -- stock wiring harness into the T, one end of T to underseat sub, then the other end is just "pass through" to the stereo. Simple and straightforward.
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Thanks, guys!

2009 WRX Premium Stereo w/NAVI Questions

I'm sensing a common thread about our test drives/ priorities... Mine has the cat-back exhaust and I didn't listen to the stereo or satellite radio until I had it a week. Does anyone know how to make the stock NAVI stereo sound better?

Quote Originally Posted by mshkwagishek View Post
    I'm sensing a common thread about our test drives/ priorities... Mine has the cat-back exhaust and I didn't listen to the stereo or satellite radio until I had it a week. Does anyone know how to make the stock NAVI stereo sound better?
    First off, welcome to the site!

Second, I think most would say replacing the head unit would give you the best sound improvement to start with. If you aren't interested in doing that, replacing the front speakers seems to be a popular choice for some. Some sound dampening in the door cards (Dynamat/edead/raammat/etc) goes a long way, too.

Either way, if you don't have any subwoofer you can look at adding one to fill out the bottom end. Depending what kind of music you like, there are some nice small under-seat subs that won't take up space in your trunk. Or if you're looking for a clean integration of the sub in the trunk of your hatch (don't see if you have a hatch or sedan) Audio Integrations has a really slick looking sub box. I believe they are developing (or it may already be out, I'm not sure) a sub box for the sedans as well. Pricey yes, but people seem to be giving them good reviews.

Before you go through all that, make sure the head unit's EQ is set correctly for the music you listen to. Could be that it got mucked around with during a test drive before you and it threw it off.

Good luck!
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Quote Originally Posted by mshkwagishek View Post
    Dont change the deck or speakers just yet.

Amplify your factory speakers, trust me this will make a huge difference. When installing my new system we just installed the amp first to see the improvement and it was massive.

If your looking for a good one then try a MRPF300 Alpine or if your looking a little higher end go with a G4500 JL Audio.

If you want to add a sub you could add a 6 channel amp, (I have one for sale btw, Save HUGE!!! JL Audio G6600 Amp!! ).

This would allow you to amp your factory speakers and then bridge 2 of the channels and run a sub with up to 300w rms of power. Please dont feel my advice is to sell my item, I dont mind but from my years of car audio knowledge and running a car audio store its what I reccomend.
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers

Didn't think about amping the stock system..

Either way - I'd suggest you get some kind of sub in there if you don't have already. It makes a huge difference... even if you don't listen to bass-heavy music. I listen to mostly country and find the factory underseat sub to be nice for filling the bottom end.
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Really the best setup is to have your door speakers providing any frequencies above 80-100hz and anything lower than that having a sub take over. This also means a lot less strain on your door speakers meaning they have much better performance.
    Last edited by binjoau; 09-08-2009 at 07:00 PM. Reason: spelling lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.