pioneer avic d3 humming noise!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on pioneer avic d3 humming noise!!! within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; well i got a avic d3 headunit and after installation it started f***ing up with noise. there was a noticeable ...

pioneer avic d3 humming noise!!!

well i got a avic d3 headunit and after installation it started f***ing up with noise. there was a noticeable humming sound coming from the front tweeter and it got louder as the rpms rose. i do have a 4-channel amp. ive read on some rsx forum to bypass their stock amp, but i dont know really how to do that, and also if its different with the subarus. ive also read a bunch of other crap and was wondering what you other subbie drivers did to fix this...also every so often noise shifts from all speakers to just my front tweeters and my back speakers

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

humming sound

check your bypass. most humming sound can be fixed by redoing the ground. check the headunit ground make sure it is to sanded metal and the same with the amp ground. make sure the power and the ground is the same size wire and the ground is no longer than 12 in. if that does not work switch out amps and see if it is still doing the same. check batt.and alt. ground clean and reground .

well my buddy is a certified installer guy and he hooked it up for me, but were gonna take another crack at it today, but also would a ground loop isolator work by any chance?

I have never had to use one . i worked at Soundwaves in Dayton oh. in the mid 90. i would do these step no problems. I still have none.

I am running
    1 Clarion pro 9175 old
    2 autotec 750 ss
    2 Alphasonik pma 300hc
    4 Power Acoustik mofo 10
    3 Clif Designs comp.set doors and deck
    1 Dayton Alt.
    1/0 Monster and cont.
    Power Acoustik pre amps
    Not the best stuff but my stuff. i have no noise unless something goes bad and just find it and replace it . let me know what it was so i can learn some more. good luck

well i dont know what most of those things are lol..but im thinkin of just takin out my amp and running everything to the headunit, and for the humming noise my buddy told me it was a ground problem with the alternator which is why it gets louder as the rpms rise

What you want to do is take the head unit and ground that mother down, i mean ground it from one point on the chassis and multiple points on the headunit, pioneers are notorious for humming if it is only humming on the subwoofer output then take the outside part of the rca and ground that also

that sounds like a plan..but it sucks also because only my left side works and only the front tweeter and back speaker..the right side kicks in rarely for like 10 seconds that fades out back to only left side

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.