PAC SWI-PS & steering wheel controls
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on PAC SWI-PS & steering wheel controls within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I installed the steering wheel controls into my base 08 with no problem. I have a pioneer avic f900bt head ...

PAC SWI-PS & steering wheel controls

I installed the steering wheel controls into my base 08 with no problem. I have a pioneer avic f900bt head unit that I wanted to get working with these new steering wheel controls. Per the suggestion of many I bought the PAC SWI-PS Steering wheel control interface for Pioneer, Jensen, and Sony at Crutchfield.com and installed it. For some reason I can program it to version 3 just fine but when I try to program the controls for the steering wheel buttons it does not respond as it's supposed to.

I used wire taps from the subaru original harness to the pac unit. was i supposed to pull the pin out and wire directly, although I don't think this would matter because there is no receiving wire in the scosche harness going to the avic head unit. I have a short wire with a wire tap going from the brown wire to the ground of the headunit, and then the yellow wire wire tap'd to the white wire of the pac unit.

following the instructions I press the program button, the led comes on, but when i press the volume up button on the steering wheel (the first button you are supposed to program) the led stays lit, instead of going out and coming back on for the next button to program (volume down). I have tried doing this in ACC mode and with the car started. I have tried pressing for longer periods of time and real short and it simply times out.

i really hope i didn't buy these controls and go through removing my steering wheel for no reason. maybe I should return to crutchfield and just get another pac unit because this one is defective? for the people that DID install this on their pioneer units did you splice or did use wire taps, i thought wire taps would be a lot cleaner and a better install

AHHH, please help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

there is a part from a company called pheriphial or howwever you spell it.. park number PESWIPS... I believe thats what your looking for.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.