Busy weekend ahead. Stereo install.....
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Busy weekend ahead. Stereo install..... within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I finally got all of my stereo equipment in, so now I get to have fun tearing the car apart ...

Busy weekend ahead. Stereo install.....

I finally got all of my stereo equipment in, so now I get to have fun tearing the car apart to install it all. Still trying to figure out if I want to do a smaller powered sub in the back, but I'll see how all this sounds first........ Probably going to have to work the rear doors a little for the 5.25 speakers and I am going to make my own spacers for the fronts. The amp will go under the passenger seat while the capacitor will go under the driver seat. I am desperately trying to avoid taking up trunk space....

Ron

MSgt, USMC (Retired)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

stinger has some good stuff. is that a power cap? people have their pro and cons on the power cap so be prepared to hear a mouthful. hope it all goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by meanstrk View Post
    I finally got all of my stereo equipment in, so now I get to have fun tearing the car apart to install it all. Still trying to figure out if I want to do a smaller powered sub in the back, but I'll see how all this sounds first........ Probably going to have to work the rear doors a little for the 5.25 speakers and I am going to make my own spacers for the fronts. The amp will go under the passenger seat while the capacitor will go under the driver seat. I am desperately trying to avoid taking up trunk space....

Sell/return the capacitor. It is not necessary.

Perform the "Big-3" wiring upgrade instead, then if necessary, buy a better battery and alternator.

A capacitor will not help you in any way.

I would also bridge your amp and only power your front speakers, and run the rear speakers off of the headunit power. You'll get more out of the system that way. No point in amping rear speakers that don't even have a direct path to your ears.

-- Dave

true true. my battery went on me so i took my system out completely since i am returning the truck in a few months.
    kinetic battery is like $150 bucks on ebay or try a stinger battery i believe $400.

Quote Originally Posted by AcquaCow View Post
    Sell/return the capacitor. It is not necessary.

Perform the "Big-3" wiring upgrade instead, then if necessary, buy a better battery and alternator.

A capacitor will not help you in any way.

I would also bridge your amp and only power your front speakers, and run the rear speakers off of the headunit power. You'll get more out of the system that way. No point in amping rear speakers that don't even have a direct path to your ears.

-- Dave

You dont need to do anything for the rears. The speakers that come stock are 4 inchers with mounting brackets. The 5.25s with screw right into the stock holes. You'll find it to be very easy. Just make sure your windows are down when taking off the door panels. It makes the job way easier.

I got the cap for free, so it does not matter if I use it at all. Already have the rear speakers in, currently without the tweeters and am still not sure if I want to put the tweeters in or not. Those were a seemless install, but are causing some rattling in the door that I need to look at closer. It's enough to bug the hell out of me.

I had not thought about bridgeing for the fronts only. That is an intruiging thought.....
    Ron

MSgt, USMC (Retired)

I really wouldn't worry about the tweets in the rears. The added highs coming from the rear of the car would probably be distracting and subtract from the soundstage.

Oh, and even for free, you shouldn't add the cap, as it'll just put un-needed load on your charging system, putting more stress on your battery and alternator.

-- Dave

Well, that was a PITA..... Got everything installed and luckily, the worst part was getting the speaker wiring through the factory door feed through rubber harness deals. That was a total pain. I ended up epoxying the crossovers to the inside of the door panels and running all tweeters, even though I am running the rear speakers in a low band pass mode.

These Infinity speakers come with two spacers that can be used together to make one spacer that was big enough to avoid needing to make spacers for the fronts while the rear speakers bolted right in. I also got rid of that irritating vibration from teh rear speakers by removing the ridged inside the door panels so that the speakers don't hit the panels.

I ended up running all door speakers off the amp and I am glad I did since I like the spacial sound rather than just the front speakers.

Still undecided on if I was to add a sub, but the wiring is there for it now so I don't have to rip everything apart again to install one.

All in all, not a bad sound at all so far.....
    Last edited by meanstrk; 02-22-2009 at 08:50 PM.
    Ron

MSgt, USMC (Retired)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.