best way : subwoofer

This is a discussion on best way : subwoofer within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; ok so ive finally compiled all the pieces for my sound system, now im looking for the best way to ...

Registered User r0kems0kemrobot's Avatar

best way : subwoofer

ok so ive finally compiled all the pieces for my sound system, now im looking for the best way to mount my alpine type r 10" sub. Ive seen 2 solutions, both include facing the sub toward the inside of the car. Audio Intergrations perfect fit or putting the sub right up against the back seat centered in line with the center of the backseat, so i have 2 questions.

will the type r fit in the "perfect fit" and in your opinion should i dish out the 300 bucks for that or have a custom box made to put upto the back seat..

recomended cubic volume for this sub is no more than 1.3ft^3, im going for overall sound quality, dynomating the whole trunk in a 05 WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate # 87

05 WRB WRX
    Cobb tuned Stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Your sub should fit in the AI box. I have a 12" Kenwood in an AI box mounted on the right side (best location for maximizing trunk space on an 07)

I have a pic of it here in post #7 of this thread link:

It's here!!!!!
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    Your sub should fit in the AI box. I have a 12" Kenwood in an AI box mounted on the right side (best location for maximizing trunk space on an 07)

I have a pic of it here in post #7 of this thread link:

It's here!!!!!
    where can i find a box like the one you have? right now i have a 12" mtx jack hammer in a big box installed in my i30. if i get a wrx i will keep the sub and from the pics i see i dont think that box will fit inside a wrx. so do you think my sub will fit in that?(the box you have)

Quote Originally Posted by RexEnvy View Post
    where can i find a box like the one you have? right now i have a 12" mtx jack hammer in a big box installed in my i30. if i get a wrx i will keep the sub and from the pics i see i dont think that box will fit inside a wrx. so do you think my sub will fit in that?(the box you have)
    The box is made by Audio Integrations. They have a 12" box.

http://www.audiointegrations.net/home.html

Quote:
    Constructed out of hand laid fiberglass and perfectly sealed this enclosure will work well with almost any driver.

Enclosure Specifications:

Internal Airspace: 1.15-1.25 cubic feet
    Mounting Hole Dia: 11 inches
    Weight: 15 lbs.
    Flush Trim Ring inside Dia: 11.25 inches
    Each Enclosure comes with: black vinyl flush trim ring, high quality terminal cup with the ability to accept up to 8 gauge speaker wire, 3 to 4 feet of 12 gauge Phoenix Gold speaker wire for inside the enclosure, pre-drilled hole for mounting, mounting hardware with instructions, stuffed with polyfill sound dampening for smoother bass response, and comes with Audio Integrations Full Warranty. (see link below for warranty info)

No Drilling Required!! This Perfect Fit Enclosure mounts firmly to your Subaru with only one bolt! Once bolted down with the included hardware, your enclosure won't be going anywhere no matter how crazy you drive! Using a factory hole in your trunk and our pre-drilled hole in the enclosure it makes for an easy and stealthy install. The mounting hole in the enclosure is standard unless otherwise requested. Please contact us before ordering if your needs differ.

Your Enclosure comes standard wrapped in O.E.M. matching carpet and black vinyl flush trim ring the choice of 7 different colors for the vinyl flush trim ring.
    Last edited by Pavia; 01-10-2009 at 04:53 PM.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Registered User r0kems0kemrobot's Avatar
    ok so i dont like how the 10 inch one looks so im going to make my own, does anyone know the dimensions of the trunk closest to the seats? i have the rear strut brace so max height is 14"
    Blobeye Syndicate # 87

05 WRB WRX
    Cobb tuned Stage 2

Subaru audio problems

Okay i have a 2008 Subaru impreza outback sport. My parents want me to keep the car stock...not happening. IM going to start off with a sound system. What i want is to buy subs for under the front two seats with a switch that i ca n turn the subs on and off with. I need to buy a converter kit so i can connect it to a stock radio (any one know how to remove this head unit?) So i bought a 10 inch shallow series sub from pioneer and im going to box it as soon as it comes in. Now i need help with what amp i should buy,(something that i can hide so my parents cant see it) and what converter i need.

You think it will sound uneven if i dont have a subwoofer under each seat?

Also i am looking for a cold air intake for the car. Thing is that it has that stupid sensor thing so i would need to screw it into the new cold air intake. Hope you can help, thanks Erik.