Rear door speaker options....

This is a discussion on Rear door speaker options.... within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I know that the stock size is 4", but can you space a set of 5.25" speakers in there without ...

Rear door speaker options....

I know that the stock size is 4", but can you space a set of 5.25" speakers in there without issues?

I am trying to finish getting my componants picked out for a system for this car (2003 sedan) and would like to go with the bigger rear speakers if they will go.
    Ron

MSgt, USMC (Retired)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by meanstrk View Post
    I know that the stock size is 4", but can you space a set of 5.25" speakers in there without issues?

I am trying to finish getting my componants picked out for a system for this car (2003 sedan) and would like to go with the bigger rear speakers if they will go.
    my .02 i would spend the money you would have on the rears and get a badass set of front components. I think however with spacers you could get some 5 1/4 to fit if they arent too deep
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

I am already getting a VERY good componant set for the
    front, but a larger rear size would help the bass response. That's why I asked. I saw that one guy put a set of 5.25" in the rear of his, but not sure how he did it.
    Ron

MSgt, USMC (Retired)

I-A Performance makes 5.25" rear adaptor plates that should work for you. I don't have them so I can't vouch for them.

Check out iaperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by mswi View Post
    I-A Performance makes 5.25" rear adaptor plates that should work for you. I don't have them so I can't vouch for them.

Check out iaperformance.com
    EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thanks!
    Ron

MSgt, USMC (Retired)

if you look in your trunk theres allready hole you have to trim the pass side metal alittle to make the holes even then just take a razer nife an cut out the rear deck i put 6 1/2 in my rear deck sounds so much better than just hooked the rear doors up to the radio for extra midds

No problem, you probably already noticed they make 6.5" adaptors for the fronts too.

I just installed a new deck (Alpine CDA-9886) for Xmas so I'm thinking of upgrading the OEM door speakers as well. Let me know how the adaptors work if you go with them.

I am planning on just cutting out my own adapters for both. I was looking for confirmation that it can be done without modifying things before I ordered the speakers. I am using componant systems for both front and rear (Infinity Kappa speakers. 6.5 front with seperate tweeters off a crossover and 5.25 for the rear with crossovers and tweeters) but will be either running the tweeters for the rear in the rear shelf or not at all. I really just wanted more bass response from the back anyways and am trying to avoid running a sub in the trunk. I am running a Kenwood head unit with an Infinity amp good for 90 watts per channel
    Ron

MSgt, USMC (Retired)