Subwoofer Enclosures, JL the only option?

This is a discussion on Subwoofer Enclosures, JL the only option? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I have looked long and hard for a subwoofer enclosure for the 02/03 BugEyes, and there is only one. It ...

Post Subwoofer Enclosures, JL the only option?

I have looked long and hard for a subwoofer enclosure for the 02/03 BugEyes, and there is only one. It is a JL, and includes a rather nice driver, but is also $900 at the best price I have found. It is overkill for a 12" driver unless competition is in the works, and working with JL would be essential to get anywhere with anything unique including their drivers. They are a very busy crew, and will never divulge the secrets that win them IASCA tournaments... sooo... I went with a smaller company, got in good with my stepfather regarding use of his furniture building studio, and as long as I replace blades, sanding films and papers, and drill bits, use my own lumber and small parts, and have the place clean (if you have seen pics of parts involved in my mods, you know I keep stuff that way ANYWAY!)... I can build as many of these as I want. This leads me to ask this:

Does anyone want or need a custom enclosure? If you provide driver parameters (both Thiele-Small and manufacturer derived parameters and suggested dimensions) I can provide a "Pre-Photoshopped" image of your future enclosure, and work with you on your layout, whether it is a deck, 4 speakers and a simple amp and one sub, or a full-on window shatterer of a system, with as many subs and amps as you think you can provide voltage for. My own installation should indicate my own tastes. I am not going to foist my tastes on you! If you want a pink carpeted box with 4 x 18" subs and a pair of HiFonics Colossus amps, let me do the math, and I can give you approx. cable lengths, a correct enclosure based on your cabin dimensions and sub parameters, and if you like the looks and sound of it before I build it, I am happy to have it ready and shipped out within 5 days of your paid order.

I do not know how ADMIN feels about these types of things, and if this is an unacceptable means of communicating this service's availability, PM me, and I will adhere to whatever format is acceptable. I did not see any warnings or recommendations, so I am just giving the go-ahead to members of this forum, If you want to go to your local hardware store, and gamble on your seals, or pay almost what I am going to be likely to charge, you will still be looking for terminals, harnesses, fuse arrays if necessary, and most likely carpet, unless you have already sourced everything...

So let me know. I can build any order of enclosure.
    I use LEAP, SpeakerCAD, BlauBox, and PhotoShop Elements, along with my own calculations, to create a contained volume of air which will make the most efficient and properly musical use of any driver in good to new condition.

Remember that older drivers do not have the Q of a new one, and once broken in, in a vented or sealed enclosure, it is likely that it will serve best in its present cabinet. If your drivers are less than 6 months old, and the cabinetry you have is not making good use of them, just ask me... I can also aid in calculating dimensions for those interested in doing their own work.

I might also be able to point you towards drivers you may have never heard of, which might be better grade of quality at better prices... Morel, Usher, DynAudio, Boston Acoustics, Polk, Infinity, Db Acoustics, VeloDyne, Fi, and a few others... I have had personal experience with most of these, and 20 years of enclosure building.

Let me know if you are interested, or have any questions about your own projects, and don't presently feel like searching for resources. I can either do the math or give you a link. Too many calc. questions will get a post with a link to the pre-existing calculation tools. I do have cabinet jobs here already... I'd love to have some here, as this is the most helpful forum I am a part of right now.
    Last edited by Impreza2.0; 01-03-2009 at 05:05 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

www.audiointegrations.net. Awesome company, great enclosures and excellent pricing considering the quality. Easily worth double the price of the box.

Thank you!

Wow, and thanks! Those are cool, and I had no idea.

I have a pic of my Audio Integrations box with a 12" Kenwood subwoofer here:

It's here!!!!!
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)