Cabin speakers
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Cabin speakers within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hey guys im lookin to upgrade my stock speakers. In case you dont already the audio systems in the 07 ...

Cabin speakers

Hey guys im lookin to upgrade my stock speakers. In case you dont already the audio systems in the 07 TR's are horrible.. any suggestions on what type of set up i should go for im only going to upgrade speakers. My highschool bass days are over im just looking for all around crisp sound with a decent bass.
    God created turbo lag to give V-8's a chance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

how much money are you looking to spend?

i agree. my current car has a 12" woofer pushing 2000 watts, but there really is no need for that. the system in my next car will be strictly for quality.

eh any where from 100 to 300. Its a big gap but hey if there is way to get quality with out the quantity im up for it.
    God created turbo lag to give V-8's a chance

Quote Originally Posted by msedillo View Post
    eh any where from 100 to 300. Its a big gap but hey if there is way to get quality with out the quantity im up for it.
    my personal favorite company is Memphis Car Audio. I have their PR series tweeters and they are impressive. do you want to do a 4 channel amp? it is a night and day difference with the amount of bass and midrange out of any speakers when you power them with an amp. you can even find a nice used one and it will do just fine.

i have a full alpine type R system in my rex

Keep in mind when upgrading your component speakers you might need to look into spacers. Our doors are lmited to shallow depth component speakers. Adding spacers will give you more range in speaker options. I would have to agree avoid huge thumps in the trunk unless you want to get unwanted attention from would be thieves . Pay alittle more for quality component speakers, your ears will thank you for it, especially if you go with HD radio or satellite.
    04 Blobeye wagon
    AFE Filter, ebay catback.
    03 RR Evo sold

I'd definitely say go for the amp. I had $1000 into the system in my old car and without an amp it still sounded like crap. Amps are getting smaller and cheaper too so now you should be able to get one that will fit under your seat and won't take up too much space.

i have never herd the sound system in the new subies, but most of the time i recomend to my customers is the deck. it will put more power to your stock speakers and as long as you get a decent deck , id suggest pioneer 3000ib ($129) or higher you will be able to control the sounds better and also add sat radio, i pod all that good stuff. or you can run a 4-channel amp off your factory setup and HOPE your stock speakers will hold.
    up to you, both will improve your sound
    ~Drew~

"drive fast, take chances, keep it between the ditches"

i put 6.5 inch JL ZR speakers in the front doors. Sound amazing!!!

Speaker Sizes

Stock Speaker Sizes
    Front: 5 1/5"
    Rear: 4"

I Put 6 1/2" Alpine type R's in the front. All I had to do was a few measurements and make a spacer allowing the 6 1/2's fit. I used 3/4" MBF wood and it fits perfect!

For the rears, i just bought 4" Alpine type S speakers and they fit just fine.

If you want louder and better sound quality i would go with a 4 channel amp. 50 watts to each speaker, you will be able to hear your music clearly when your on the freeway with your windows down, and it wont be loud enough to destroy your eardrums when cruising with it cranked up. An amp likes to be over powered rather than under powered, so dont buy too big of an amp.

Mike

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.