sub options
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on sub options within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I have acquired an infinity perfect 10" in an enclosed box with a sub. I plan to run it with ...

Roz

sub options

I have acquired an infinity perfect 10" in an enclosed box with a sub. I plan to run it with the stock head unit. Someone recommended to me that I get a separate bass control so it doesn't interfere with the stock speakers. Does anyone have any experience with this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have about 10 years of doing car audio, I think I can help.
    If you want to run the stock head unit, you will need a line output converter, to take the rear speaker wires to RCAs, and a amp with low pass crossover.
    You will need to wire the rear speakers into the line output converter, run RCAs to amp. The sub will then be tied into the rear speakers.
    If you swap the head unit you can run the factory speakers from the head and it should RCA outs for the sub amp.
    Either way will work, but the second is the better setup. Just make sure the amp you get to run the sub and a low pass crossover. If not the sub will paly everything, not just the bass.
    VF30 powered 02 wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart Racer View Post
    I have about 10 years of doing car audio, I think I can help.
    If you want to run the stock head unit, you will need a line output converter, to take the rear speaker wires to RCAs, and a amp with low pass crossover.
    You will need to wire the rear speakers into the line output converter, run RCAs to amp. The sub will then be tied into the rear speakers.
    If you swap the head unit you can run the factory speakers from the head and it should RCA outs for the sub amp.
    Either way will work, but the second is the better setup. Just make sure the amp you get to run the sub and a low pass crossover. If not the sub will paly everything, not just the bass.

+ 1 to this statement. ive got about 10 years of car audio experience as well. i very much recommend going the amp route and not trying to power the sub from the radio. you can find a good deal on a small amp and you will be much happier with final result.
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.