Avic-F90bt

This is a discussion on Avic-F90bt within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; What kind of things have you all heard about this unit? I have the chance to pick one up for ...

Avic-F90bt

What kind of things have you all heard about this unit? I have the chance to pick one up for a pretty good deal (about 650 shipped) and I am seriously thinking about purchasing it. You dont have to mess around with discs anymore for the navigation and its ipod user interface is much easier and voice activated.

I plan on running 2 amps off of this unit, one for my Crystal components and one driving my 12'' SI MAG. Do you guys feel that this unit offers adequate music customization for someone running a system like this? I am not a super hardcore audiophile, but I would like control over the sound and tone of my music. To my understanding, there is 5 preset settings & 2 for custom EQ settings where you can edit the curve based on low/mid/hid bands by frequency (40Hz to 12.5k Hz). You can also tune your subwoofer output settings for level and phase. Let me know what you guys think of this unit. Thanks!

Fresh into a Suby...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

thats a 900bt, i just recently purchased one
    How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

The 900bt and the 90bt are identical looking. The 90bt just has more features.
    Fresh into a Suby...

Hey I picked mine up for $520 shipped. I think its a great product. I would go about getting it how I got it if I were you.

I put it up on nasioc

Avic-F90BT for $520 - NASIOC

or here is the text:

Hey I just bought my F90BT for what I think is a great price ($520), and I figgured I would just share with everyone how to get the price in case anyone is interested in getting one. Live.com has a cashback program where you can get 25% off buy it now items on ebay.

1) create ebay account
    2) create paypal account
    3) create live.com account
    4) search live.com for "avic". you should get an ad at the top of the search listings for ebay that says "Buy Avic. You may get 25% off with paypal if eligible"
    5) click the ad to take you to ebay
    6) select one of the "buy it now" results
    7) buy the item with your paypal account. make sure it has the icon for "Microsoft cashback" on the page.
    you should get a message in your ebay message center with a link for you to click for your cashback. click the link
    9) the link prompts you to sign in to live.com cashback account or create one. you can create one if you haven't already. a few hours later, you'll see the cashback show up as pending in your account.

To be eligible, I believe you must have clicked through from live.com. you can't just search ebay or use any ebay listing. I've only seen the 25% discounts, but you are very close to the limit of $200 with that anyway. I got $177 off mine.

I hope some of you take advantage of this great offer.

Chris

04 WRX

94 Integra GSR STOLEN 3/12/08
    RECOVERED!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Just got my F700BT installed. Not worth the difference in price to get the 90BT/900BT, especially since all you get is VERY flaky MSN Direct and DVD playback (like, what for?). The software for all three is EXACTLY the same.

I got my 700BT for $351.75 delivered after Live cashback, so an extra $200 for DVD playback seemed a bit ridiculous to me, especially since you can still play videos on the F700BT from an SD card or iPod, which is more convenient for me, but I digress...

Here are some crappy pictures anyway...

Woohoo! First 08 STI mod installed!
    2010 SSM STI

I literally just installed this in my 08 last weekend...

I've got the HD Radio tuner as well, love the thing...

Some little glitches, but make sure you have the latest firmware and it takes care of most of it...

~Mike