Sirius/XM install location?

This is a discussion on Sirius/XM install location? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I see tons of pictures of great gauge installs or shift knobs, but has anyone been creative with a satellite ...

Sirius/XM install location?

I see tons of pictures of great gauge installs or shift knobs, but has anyone been creative with a satellite radio install? I'm trying to figure out some type of mounting piece to replace the ash tray. If I get somthing figured out, I'll post a picture, but until then, anyone have an aftermarket satellite in a picture or suggestions??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

do an aftermarket radio.. there are too many different type of satalite radio add ons to have anything really custom...

with an aftermarket radio. all you have to do is run an antenna somewhere, and hide an external box in most cases.. really easy. plus your overall sound quality will increase a little bit even with factory speakers..

Yeah, I know. I had it installed in a Civic and I was able to mount it by popping out the plastic covers where their are buttons on the fancier models. I just wanted to see if anyone had been cleaver enough to mount the radio in an interesting way. Thanks for the reply.

I had a Sirius Starmate 5 stuck in the left middle vent ont he dash right above the radio. Last week i finally went out and got a Kenwood KDC-X592 headunit and put in an internal Sirius XM brain.

The sound quality went up a lot. My Sirius sounds are at CD quality vs the ****ty FM transmitter sound quality i had before(which also had a lot of FM interference from other stations). Send $300 and get a new head unit and internal Sirius brain.

Also my stock speakers are mucho louder now also!
    Essayons!
    21B

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2580544 <-- My car.

Well, I solved my own problem...

I solved my own problem by making a bracket and riveting it into the stock storage space under the stock radio. It's a perfect distance from the driver and doesn't cover anything other than reaching a finger around or over to hit the CD button.
    Last edited by CadetARP; 10-25-2008 at 07:27 PM.