[PLZ HELP] 2008 Impreza Amplifier Install

This is a discussion on [PLZ HELP] 2008 Impreza Amplifier Install within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hi Guys, recently i bought subwoofer and amplifier, i want to install them in my 2008 Impreza, the sub and ...

Exclamation [PLZ HELP] 2008 Impreza Amplifier Install

Hi Guys,

recently i bought subwoofer and amplifier, i want to install them in my 2008 Impreza, the sub and amplifier will be behind,

what am askin for is:
    1. i want to is connect my amplifier to a 12volt power source [where to pass wire]
    2. a connection from my factory headunit to the amplifier [where to pass wire and do i have to open my head unit?]

i dont know how to open the headunit, i dont know where to pass the wires.

Please help

Sorry for my bad English XD

thanks,

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have not run the 12volt in a 08 before so can't help you there. You are going to have to get a low line output converter which will connect to the speaker wires and change them to RCA, which can plug into your amp. Maybe one of the folks with the 08's can chime in on the 12 volt power issue.... good luck!

Thanks for reply bro,

In my amplifier manual it say that i have to connect the (+) wire to car's battery, and the (-) wire to any metal place in car's body.

What i want is where to put this (+) wire?do i have to connect it to car battery? is there any shortcut? how to hide it? where to pass the wire?

Quote Originally Posted by fslharthy View Post
    Thanks for reply bro,

In my amplifier manual it say that i have to connect the (+) wire to car's battery, and the (-) wire to any metal place in car's body.

What i want is where to put this (+) wire?do i have to connect it to car battery? is there any shortcut? how to hide it? where to pass the wire?
    It sounds like you need to do loads more research before you do anything else. A quick google search will get you all the instructions you need. Yes, you hook the + wire to the + battery terminal, but you will need a fuse on that wire as close to the battery as possible. And yes, ground the - wire to bare metal frame near to where you install the amp.

If you don't want to do the research, then the best way to open your headunit is to throw it at the ground really hard.
    "I am Bullrock, and I have lots and lots of powers"

へおひってしりつぼめ "There is no use scruntching up your buttocks after a fart"