Radio Upgrade Issue

This is a discussion on Radio Upgrade Issue within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I'm looking to upgrade my stock '05 STi's radio to something aftermarket that's iPod compatable. I'm having a hard time ...

Radio Upgrade Issue

I'm looking to upgrade my stock '05 STi's radio to something aftermarket that's iPod compatable. I'm having a hard time finding a double din unit that I like that isn't a touch screen. Sites like Crutchfield filter out quite a few that I'm interested in, but they say they won't fit and I'm not quite sure why. Is it because of the space behind the radio in the dash?

I wouldn't mind or maybe even prefer to go the single din route to gain the extra storage pocket (so I can toss my phone in there) but I'm having a hard time finding one that doesn't look cheap and warped.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    "I have as much authority as the Pope... I just don't have as many people who believe it." -George Carlin

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Registered User Whoa!ShutItDown's Avatar
    This may be a little late but I have a link to stock Subaru din pockets with a cover but need to have 3 posts to be able to post a link. The website is SubaruGenuineParts, with some searching there you should be able to find it.