Can i pun an additional oem sub under driver seat? Help - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Can i pun an additional oem sub under driver seat? Help within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by chris227NJ that looks better than i thought and the volume control is sweet! you dont live by ...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by chris227NJ View Post
    that looks better than i thought and the volume control is sweet! you dont live by NJ by any chance and did it come with instructions, i dont want to break anything and like i said, i've never done work with car audio

I'm in TX, so that's be a little far.

It came with instructions, although I'm not sure how informative they are. I just looked at what gauge wire it said I needed and tossed the instructions aside. Then I drove to Car Toys, bought the cables I needed, and installed it in the parking lot in case I ended up needing something else.

If you're going to hook it up to the factory head unit then you will have to install a line level converter. That, along with running the power cable from your battery, you might want to have it professionally installed.

It all depends on how much they're going to charge you. It's really not all that complicated, but I can see how it could be confusing to a first timer. Generally the worst thing you could screw up is blowing a fuse or two. Although I have seen someone set a car on fire with a bad install.. that's why you use fuses.

As long as you're not a dumb ass, and or drunk/stoned when you're trying to do it then you should be able to do it yourself. I started installing car stereos when I was 16.

If you decide you want to give it a shot I could walk you through the process.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I wouldn't let CC touch my car.

For an underseat sub, speakers, and HU, I would do it myself. The interior is very easy to remove. Just watchout you don't scratch anything.

For something more involved, like dedicated amps, etc. look to a reputable audio shop.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12