replaced my front speakers...

This is a discussion on replaced my front speakers... within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; i went to best buy and picked up 6 1/2" infinity speakers.. my friend and i installed them in an ...

replaced my front speakers...

i went to best buy and picked up 6 1/2" infinity speakers.. my friend and i installed them in an hour...

Infinity - 6-1/2" 2-Way Car Speakers with Plus One Cones (Pair) - REF6022I

cost me $96.xx after tax..

first roll your window down completely

there are two screws, one on the plastic armrest piece and the door latch.. take those out and you can gently pop out the plastic pieces. give a tug on the panel and it will come loose and you'll have to shimmy it to get it completely off...

with the electronic windows/mirrors, you can simply unplug them or take the 3 screws out if your afraid your going to break something.

next you unscrew the 3 screws holding your speaker on, unplug it.

i went to radio shack and bought the proper electrical connectors..
    RadioShack.com - Cables, Parts & Connectors: Connectors & connectivity: Crimp connectors & terminals: 3/16" Fully Insulated Quick Disconnects (16-Pack)

$2.19

we crimped the female ends onto the speakers, added a short piece of wire and then put the male end into the harness for the speaker itself.

after making sure everything was crimped and electrical taped (so it can't come loose!) since my friends love slamming the car door since its so light

next you have to use the plastic mounting piece and drill new holes so the speaker will mount up properly.

i had a small issue with the window and it is a VERY close fit, but i bet with a few washers and the new speaker covers on you wouldn't have any issues. (the covers go about an inch off the panel itself.) but besides that its great..

here is where you have to make a tough decision..
    a. leave the stock speaker guard on the door panel...
    or
    b. replace with the infinity covers (so cool!)

my stock ones are still on but i plan on dremeling the stock one out and replacing with the new ones.. its simple i just didn't have all the tools with me..

even with the stock headunit (next in line to be replaced) it sounds so much better and the bass is really impressive.. it is really clear and gets pretty loud! i let them break in for a few hours before blasting them too loud..

sorry i didn't take any pictures.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements