02 wrx wagon needs a little more bass
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 02 wrx wagon needs a little more bass within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; so what was subaru thinking with its weak radio and speakers? is there a way I can put larger speakers ...

02 wrx wagon needs a little more bass

so what was subaru thinking with its weak radio and speakers? is there a way I can put larger speakers in the doors or something? I dont want a box or anything booming just a little deeper bass.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey there, I was in the same boat and took my door panels off to find the speakers are EXTREMELY shallow which doesn't leave you many options as far as aftermarket upgrades without having to build some kind of kick panels. I went this route at a local stereo shop and was very pleased with what they came up with. I was able to drop a set of Focal seperates in the doors, and they sounds incredible. If you look on Crutchfield they have a fitament guide that can direct you towards something that my be able to drop in. Good luck.

You can find various speakers that will fit but you run into the issue that the stock HU pushes next to nothing in power. So keep that in consideration when buying speakers...

I tried a set of Polk components and they sounded terrible (good speaker) because the HU just couldn't drive them.
    For now i have a couple of older infinity reference 2-ways in the front.. fit fine but needed an adapter ring for screw holes.

if you search you can find some adapter rings made for the wrx to allow normal depth speakers to be installed. IA performance is one i cant think of and Kartboy used to.

Another option is the factory subwoofer. It doesnt add a HUGE amount of bass but it helps a bit. I installed one just due to is plug and play ease of use and it mounts under the passenger seat so no huge box in back and no running wires from engine bay.

Its not Hi-Fi. wont win any awards... but certainly better.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.