Navigation Volume Problems
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Navigation Volume Problems within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hi Everyone, I am new to the site so if this is in the wrong area I apologize. Long story ...

Navigation Volume Problems

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the site so if this is in the wrong area I apologize.

Long story short...

I took my 2008 WRX with the Navigation set up into a car audio shop to have an amp installed and upgrade the factory speakers. After all of that was said and done the "beep" sound selecting menu items and navigation voice is so loud it is unusable. This is the case whether the stereo is in use or not.

Any ideas as to what happened? They told me that no volume levels where adjusted and such...I call the local Subaru dealer and they couldn't provide any info either

I have checked the levels and nothing changes at setting 1 or 10. Are there any physical settings on the actual nav system I am missing? Perhaps a volume adjustment on the back of the unit?

Please help.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Revenge View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I am new to the site so if this is in the wrong area I apologize.

Long story short...

I took my 2008 WRX with the Navigation set up into a car audio shop to have an amp installed and upgrade the factory speakers. After all of that was said and done the "beep" sound selecting menu items and navigation voice is so loud it is unusable. This is the case whether the stereo is in use or not.

Any ideas as to what happened? They told me that no volume levels where adjusted and such...I call the local Subaru dealer and they couldn't provide any info either

I have checked the levels and nothing changes at setting 1 or 10. Are there any physical settings on the actual nav system I am missing? Perhaps a volume adjustment on the back of the unit?

Please help.

Thanks.
    It almost sounds like there is a factory amp still hooked up. Take it back the shop that did the install and have them take a look at it..it shouldnt be doing that
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

It's going back today. I will mention that to them. Thanks for the reply.

It's going back today. I will mention that to them. Thanks for the reply.
    Im curious as to what the problem was...did you get it back yet?
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

Quote Originally Posted by adizzle02 View Post
    Using an Alpine PDX4.100 amp was part of the problem. When they connected the amp to the NAV unit I was told they used an LOC interface to generate a signal out due to the limited output conncetions. The LOC unit caused feedback on one of the amp channels.

This is from the installer's professional source guide...some other installer I assume. I was told that the Alpine PDX series has this problem fairly often in this scenario.

They changed the amp to a Rockford Fosgate Punch and we where good to go.

Funny that I had to down grade to get a better sound.

They also were able to adjust the sound levels (both the beep and the nave voice) from this LOC and put things back to the way they were. Everything worked out great but in the end turned out to be a little hassle and a little longer than expected to get the job done.

They also were able to adjust the sound levels (both the beep and the nave voice) from this LOC and put things back to the way they were. Everything worked out great but in the end turned out to be a little hassle and a little longer than expected to get the job done.
    The Fosgate isnt that much of a step down to be honest...glad to hear everything is working as it should.
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

I got my revenge

The Fosgate isnt that much of a step down to be honest...glad to hear everything is working as it should.
    Cool thing is I logged a complaint to Best Buy's corporate office and they sent me a check for the entire cost of the install. not bad...not bad at all.

Cool thing is I logged a complaint to Best Buy's corporate office and they sent me a check for the entire cost of the install. not bad...not bad at all.
    hell no not too shabby
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.