OEM Subwoofer??? Ebay?

This is a discussion on OEM Subwoofer??? Ebay? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; eBay Motors: Subaru Impreza 2.5I OBK Subwoofer Amp Kit for 06-07 (item 160219977523 end time Jul-16-08 04:28:44 PDT) idk if ...

OEM Subwoofer??? Ebay?

eBay Motors: Subaru Impreza 2.5I OBK Subwoofer Amp Kit for 06-07 (item 160219977523 end time Jul-16-08 04:28:44 PDT)

idk if this link works.
    but is this really plug and play for the 06 wrx's just plugs in under the passenger seat?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I wouldn't exactly call it plug and play. I had it when I bought my WRX, when I took it out, I saw it was actually spiced into some of the wires on the HU harness. The sound from it was ok, but nothing ground breaking, I think you'd be better served by a small bazzooka tube or something like that, but that's just my opinion. Can always turn down a sub that's too powerful, but can't push more sound out of one that is not.

i was thinking about a infinity basslink

Personally I think if this thing was marketed by any other company this sub would go for about 30 bucks. Because it is very cheap sound. If you are in that 120 dollar price range I recommend The Boss BASS600. I bought it on costco.com but they dont have it no more. Here is the link on amazon.com Amazon.com: Boss Audio BASS600 8-Inch Low Profile Amplified Subwoofer (Single, Silver): Electronics

yea, I wouldn't really pay for teh OEM woofer. if it's in there originally, it's a nice addition to the factory setup, but it's not really worth the price unless you're just into oem stuff. for a similar price, you could have much better quality bass
    Last edited by HxcJohnny; 07-17-2008 at 02:26 PM.

The OEM subwoofer isn't even close to being in the same class as a properly installed Infinity Basslink. The OEM woofer is not worth the money.

powerbass is a good brand.they are just now getting there name out.

OEM subwoofer gives more of a midrange not "bass"- its not terribly strong but adds something if you really cant deal with any lost space in trunk... and if it comes with the right cables it IS plug and play... theres a harness that connects to the regular stereo harness which runs a line to the sub.

AS said.... infinity BassLink is MUCH better. I had one in my last car... i actually still have the basslink sitting in my room at home under a bed. I just couldn't sacrifice any room in my trunk or the time to properly install a sub. I have an OEM in my car.

and I agree. for the money...buy something else... it is pretty cheap. I got it for a steal so i said why not.