Questions about powered subwoofers

This is a discussion on Questions about powered subwoofers within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I am looking to install two powered subwoofers and wanted to double check on the depth and height underneath the ...

Questions about powered subwoofers

I am looking to install two powered subwoofers and wanted to double check on the depth and height underneath the driver and passenger seats in a STI. I know this one from Boss works: Boss BASS-600 (bass600) , Enclosed Subwoofer Systems, Sealed Subwoofer Systems - Sonic Electronix I've heard some decent reviews but if anyone has one and wouldn't mind writing a quick review I'd appreciate it

Can you fit this infinity sub under either seat? From doing my searches it seems that the answer is no...
    Infinity Basslink Powered Subwoofer at Crutchfield.com

or this kenwood?

Kenwood KSC-SW10 Compact powered subwoofer at Crutchfield.com

If anyone knows exct dimensions and how big of a powered subwoofer you can fit under the seats it would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Gabriel~; 06-09-2008 at 05:05 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I was looking at the kenwood but never got it, let me know if that boss ends up fitting.

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    If you compare the dimensions against the Subaru OEM unit, you will know if it fits. My OEM sub has very little clearance in height, very limited clearance from left to right, but lots of room front to back.

So... don't go much talled or wider (in 1 direction) to the OEM sub.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

OEM Subwoofer Dimensions

Will you post the dimensions of the OEM subwoofer/amp? Much appreciation.

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I am on business travel right now - I will look at the unit when I get home (next week). I don't believe the dimensions are on any manual that you can find online.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Hey I just bought that Boss BASS600 from costco.com, I wont be able to install it till this saturday FYI you can get this lil jammy from amazon much cheaper i bought it from costco because if it doesnt sound good in my car I can always return it hassle free this weekend I will follow with an update.

Quote Originally Posted by prophetstudios View Post
    Hey I just bought that Boss BASS600 from costco.com, I wont be able to install it till this saturday FYI you can get this lil jammy from amazon much cheaper i bought it from costco because if it doesnt sound good in my car I can always return it hassle free this weekend I will follow with an update.
    My OEM subwoofer got soaked and doesn't work anymore... unless you know of something I can do to save it or use the actual woofer even with the circuitboard inside the box being soaked and rusty... would you mind explaining the installation process of the Boss Unit you bought? Was it complicated?

Quote Originally Posted by mokash34 View Post
    My OEM subwoofer got soaked and doesn't work anymore... unless you know of something I can do to save it or use the actual woofer even with the circuitboard inside the box being soaked and rusty... would you mind explaining the installation process of the Boss Unit you bought? Was it complicated?
    I used a Hi-Low converter to connect it to the factory radio. If you do not want to use Hi low converter you do not have to do so as there is a high high level input and you can splice it to the factory harness. For powering I bought an 8 gauge amp kit (rockford fosgate) and ran it with my regular amp worked just fine. FYI sound off the BOSS Bass600 is a clean bass you will notice the difference when turning it on or off using the small remote it came with I ran the wiring underneath the carpet to the glove box and used double stick tape to keep it in place.