Stock Sereo Question

This is a discussion on Stock Sereo Question within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I have decided to keep my '07 WRX STI completely stock. So herein the question lies. I bought the car ...

Stock Sereo Question

I have decided to keep my '07 WRX STI completely stock. So herein the question lies. I bought the car brand new and being one of the last ones' on the lot it came with the factory stereo only. I did not have the option for the factory subwoofer and amplifier. We all know that the factory stereo sucks, but is it even a little better with the addition of the subwoofer and amp.? And is it a module plug in I can do myself should I purchase it? I love my tunes loud as much as the next guy, but I have another car with a decent aftermarket sound system I drive if I want to blow out my eardrums. Thanks in advance.

Oyster

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have the factory subwoofer (under the passenger seat) on my bugeye. I'm assuming it's the same one used in yours. That being said, it sounds alright. Does add notable thump, and a not too subtle rumble felt in the passengers rump.

It's likely over priced though, you might be able to get similar results from a Bazooka tube.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

If you're going to buy a sub/amp...you're better off going elsewhere than the OEM one IMO...One of my buddy's had one and I didn't find any noticeable difference over stock.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Quote Originally Posted by oyster View Post
    I have decided to keep my '07 WRX STI completely stock. So herein the question lies. I bought the car brand new and being one of the last ones' on the lot it came with the factory stereo only. I did not have the option for the factory subwoofer and amplifier. We all know that the factory stereo sucks, but is it even a little better with the addition of the subwoofer and amp.? And is it a module plug in I can do myself should I purchase it? I love my tunes loud as much as the next guy, but I have another car with a decent aftermarket sound system I drive if I want to blow out my eardrums. Thanks in advance.

Oyster
    if you do decide to go the OEM route yes its just a plug and play. There is a cable you would need to run from the stock radio to the subaru subwoofer.
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    I bought a used factory subwoofer off eBay for $50. I wanted a little extra thump, but without all the added weight of Subs and amps.

It's "ok"... adds a little... nothing special though. Worth $50? Yea. Worth the $250 new price? No.

Make SURE it comes with the factory harness..... it's a "T-harness" that splices between your stereo harness, and the stereo itself. The other part of the harness runs down your center console and up under the seat. Super easy install.... as long as you have the correct harness.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

Hi everyone! Obviously I'm new to the forum... I figured this thread is where I need to be for my question. Is my 08' WRX equipped w/amplifier pre-outs? - (yes I have a factory HU, non 6disc changer)

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!