WRX Full Audio Install HOW-TO + Pictorial (56K Don't even try it!) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX Full Audio Install HOW-TO + Pictorial (56K Don't even try it!) within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Excellent thread! I am sure that sounds AMAZING! Very nice...

Excellent thread!
    I am sure that sounds AMAZING!
    Very nice

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

any idea of what all would need to take apart in the center console to get that hooked up?
    Tyler - Aspen White 04' STI
    Blobeye Syndicate #40
    Stage 2 - 312HP ~ 339 lb ft. torque
    Live Gamertag - TMANN05
    NOTE: If you run a turbocharger beyond itís compressor efficiency range, it will turn into a flame thrower.

Quote Originally Posted by tmann05 View Post
    any idea of what all would need to take apart in the center console to get that hooked up?
    what exactly do you mean??
    It's like changing your headunit, but you still have a lot of cables to run around....nothing else..

Broken plastic...

Thanks very much for the writeup! You could sell it to Scosche!

I was wondering who I was going to have to bug for that plate...

Listen, can you get a pic of it that is an exact 1 = 1?

If not, would anyone like one? I can blow those images up, and you can open them in PhotoShop, and make one yourself...

that would be wicked useful!

I am doing this same install shortly, using Premier 6" woofers and tweeters (component set), and Morel 5" in the back doors. Anyone tried a multiple-driver sub enclosure? My sub amp and enclosure pics are forthcoming...

I was wondering if anyone has had anytrouble with door seals for wiring, or if there is any disadvantage to a true OFC 10AWG cable arrangement? All I have seen is stock wire so far... 100w = 10w @ 16awg @10ft. ... now that is electrical friction I DON'T want to fight in an environment that small. If I can efficiently use 4760 watts without losing more than 24db in the wires, I will be happy. Is your crossover cool in Summer time? Just curious...

Also, any reason to upgrade the ALT? I have a RedTop 950CCA/870CA, and 1/0 AWG with a DBLink blade fuse at 300A. One amplifier draws 200AMax, the other 45AMax. Anyone else using this stuff? I have a 4AWG ground upgrade on the block and frame, thinking of going to 2AWG. The system ground is 1/0AWG, the primary is 1/0AWG, and the CAP - is also 1/0AWG. Anyone foresee any issues? The surfboard amp and capacitor are going on the trunk lid, grounded to the chassis crossmember between the C-pillars on 2x "T"s. That should remove any chances of ground loop or FM. SoundStream PQ7 will be on a panel w/ hinges tucked under the rear deck. I am thinking about just mounting it upside down to keep prying hands away... those settings are SOOO touchy!! A great EQ, but breathing on it can make a difference in sound. I might even build it a box and top-of-the-deck mount it with mirrored panel over it. Glad I came here. I will be back with pics of this stuff. Yeah!

Oh, I came on here to let you know not to feel bad about the broken trim rings. It is common, and MDF with a resin coat on it will last forever. Thanks again for the write up!!!!

CAR IS FOR SALE!
    I'd like to let it go to a good owner!
    Here's the link!

FS: MD/DC/VA - 2004 WRX with elite sound system plus more! - NASIOC

why isn't this stickied yet... you rock btw.
    FREEEEDOMMM!!!!!

2000 FBP Civic SI - stolen/sold
    2005 PSM WRX - current

Thanks!
    It's such a great car but I do want it sold to a nice person.

FREE BUMP!

I Support ClubWRX
    Seriously nice install. I still can't figure out where you bolted the amp backboard to the car though. Have any after pictures that show the bolts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12