Worst. Car. Audio. Install. Ever. - Pictorial - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Worst. Car. Audio. Install. Ever. - Pictorial within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I'd say buy an alpine mrv-345 or 545, and buy 2 sets of alpine-r coaxials or components, whichever you feel ...

I'd say buy an alpine mrv-345 or 545, and buy 2 sets of alpine-r coaxials or components, whichever you feel like installing (have to hide the crossovers in front doors which is a ***** unless you feel like running a ****load of wire).

Buy them off ebay from some reliable dealer. I got my 2 pairs of component for 250 shipped. The coaxials are cheaper, sound similar, just doesnt have the same sound stage, but that's not really noticeable unless you live car audio.

The amp would probably be ~150.

Install the amp using "9-wire" so you dont have to run wire through your door and bam. awesome sound.

Now, that's provided you want some badass speakers that SCREAM at full volume with awesome sound reproduction and very clear mids/highs.

I would highly recommend this setup as I have 5.25 comp in the front and 6.5 comp in the rear deck behind the seats, with the tweeters in the A and C pillars.

If your looking for a non amp setup, I would just say get the lowest model kicker available for your doors, as they are just a wee step up from stockers and will run off headunit power no prob and sound fine for low-moderate volume.

4" rear, 5.25 fronts.

If you want more information either way just pm me, I've run both setups (kicker first, then upgraded) and have so many hours of a completely stripped internal wrx it's almost too much.

Happy shopping.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I ended up using the MB Quarts in the front, Boston 6.5" coax in the rear with a Kenwood 4 channel amp under the passenger seat. The sound is UNBELIEVABLE now, totally different than it was before, and I can actually turn the volume up

very nice I overlooked you haveing mb speakers, those rock. and boston acoustics are awesome, just be very careful with them cause they are less resilient than our glass 3rd gear lol. but the sound quality is amazing
    Last edited by SilasJordan.USF; 05-06-2008 at 10:23 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by SilasJordan.USF View Post
    just be very careful with them cause they are less resilient that our glass 3rd gear lol.
    They're just as good as any speaker if you give em a little break in period and avoid cranking it up first thing.
    - Local Riceist

Why would anyone do that to an STi? Terrible. I guess duct tape isn't the fix-all.

Glad to hear you got it resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobVee View Post
    They're just as good as any speaker if you give em a little break in period and avoid cranking it up first thing.
    Yes on paper and if you don't abuse your speakers, but they have to be very carefully set at the amp. You can't just crank the gain full and taper it like kickers or something lol.
    But I agree with you, when done carefully they are sick speakers

sorry to read and see the horendous install that was done. to bad that happened to a great set of speakers. Mb quart components are not cheap. and it's funky to see dynamat on only some of the doors. I do installs for a very large retailer and if that left our shop like that, I wouldn't have a job. on a side note I just bought my scooby and it had some very nice mounts made for the front doors with some dynamat. Good luck with redoing your system. any q's just pm me. I have been doing car audio for 10yrs now.
    2004 silver wrx 5-spd
    1988 jeep comanche 4x4 4.0 5-spd(winter beater)
    2003 suzuki xl-7 4x4 auto(wifes car)

Nok
    Looks like my first custom stereo install in my 81' Citation!
    2006 SGM STi

Quote Originally Posted by Nok View Post
    Looks like my first custom stereo install in my 81' Citation!
    haha.

that "installation" is just about as high quality as when you see a car driving around with the speakers just sitting on their magnets in the rear deck. "I didn't have time to install them, so I just set em up there."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.