Sub-woofer DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Sub-woofer DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Can someone give me or point me to detailed instructions on installing an sub to the stock HU (6-cd in-dash ...

Sub-woofer DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS

Can someone give me or point me to detailed instructions on installing an sub to the stock HU (6-cd in-dash from 2004)?

Ive installed subs before but never to OEM stereo's. So i dont need every step... really just need to know how to connect RCA to stereo and what to tap into for that and for the remote wire.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well, If you've installed subs and amps as you say, you don't need detailed instructions on that part. Install as usual.

The stock HU doesn't have RCA outputs, so you can do one of two things:

1) Get an amplifier that has high level inputs. Simply split the rear speaker wires, and connect to the amp directly using the high level inputs.

2) Get a line out converter. This is a $20 device that basically takes speaker level signal (Again just split your rear speaker wires), and gives you a low level RCA output that you can connect to your amp...

That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma View Post
    Well, If you've installed subs and amps as you say, you don't need detailed instructions on that part. Install as usual.

The stock HU doesn't have RCA outputs, so you can do one of two things:

1) Get an amplifier that has high level inputs. Simply split the rear speaker wires, and connect to the amp directly using the high level inputs.

2) Get a line out converter. This is a $20 device that basically takes speaker level signal (Again just split your rear speaker wires), and gives you a low level RCA output that you can connect to your amp...

That's it.

Im going through the same thing in my 08' Wrx... I have all the wires run for the amp, and now I need to install the "Line Output Converter". I also have installed systems before but never hooked one up to a stock radio.

Anyway, My question is... Is there any type or harness adapter for the radio wiring harness?? If there was some type of expansion harness that I could install to run between the factory harness and the radio, that would be great because then I would not have to cut up the factory harness!!! I dont want to start cutting up wires and risk voiding my warrenty... if something happened to my radio down the road, and I had the wires all cut up, then they probably wouldnt cover it! Anyway, if anyone knows of such a harness that I could buy, please let me know before I get impatient and just splice this LOC into the factory harness haha

I have a line level converter for sale. If you're interested PM me.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Thug Nasty View Post
    I have a line level converter for sale. If you're interested PM me.

Nah not sure that would help me, I already have to Line Output Converter all ready to pop in there.... After researching for a bit, I found a harness I could buy for an aftermarket radio, and I was thinking I could see if the dealership sells a plug that goes into the back of the radio(with wires), but i really dont feel like going through all that... I think imi just gonna tap into the harness... oh well thats what I gotta to do keep the factory radio i guess.

hey, by chance would you have any pictures of the back of the radio from where you tapped into the radio harness, i was wondering if there was any chance that you could put that into the thread.

By the way, I think you could have just used a wire tap into each of the wires to get the signal, without actually tapping straight into the stock radio harness.

Quote Originally Posted by andy1256j View Post
    hey, by chance would you have any pictures of the back of the radio from where you tapped into the radio harness, i was wondering if there was any chance that you could put that into the thread.

By the way, I think you could have just used a wire tap into each of the wires to get the signal, without actually tapping straight into the stock radio harness.
    If thats the case... then DOH!!! I still have to take the radio out soon to do some soldering (wires to radio for the subs and my boost gauge) so I can definately take some pictures while im in there. If you dont have time to wait for me to get some pics loaded on here, and you are feeling adventerous.... the way I found out which wires to tap into was by removing the rear door inner panels and checking the colors of the speaker wires for the left rear door speaker and right rear door speaker... then I just pulled the radio, stripped about 1cm section of wire to tap into each wire and then tapped the line output converters wire into those speakers.... really not too difficult. took me maybe 20 minutes. Still havent made everything permenant yet though cause im pretty lazy hahaha

How to hook up a stock subwoofer to the aftermarket radio?

How to hook up a stock subwoofer to the aftermarket radio?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.