subwoofer and amp question
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on subwoofer and amp question within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; hi i was wonderin... i have a subwoofer and a amp from my previous car... and now i got my ...

subwoofer and amp question

hi i was wonderin... i have a subwoofer and a amp from my previous car... and now i got my subaru wrx... it has the factory head unit... can i hook up the aftermarket amp to the stock 6 disc/cassette headunit???? i wanted to know before i try to pull it outand look for myself... just thought i ask first..
    for reference its a 800 watt kennwood amp and a 12" kennwood subwoofer
    2004 San Remo Red Subaru Impreza WRX 5spd
    Blobeye Syndicate #999

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yes you can...you need to get whats called a pack adapter it will give you a place to plug your rca's into. you can also tap the remote wire for the amp on the radio harness
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

sorry to highjack but i've been meaning to ask basically the same thing... i want to do some sort of audio upgrade... i'm not one for pounding systems and crazy bass... i was fond of a jl 10w7 i had at one point... i'd be way more than happy with a 10 inch sub or smaller... anyone have reccomendations one an easy and inexpensive application?
    yup

define inexpensive...
    how much money do you want to spend on this?

Quote Originally Posted by natedawg9640 View Post
    sorry to highjack but i've been meaning to ask basically the same thing... i want to do some sort of audio upgrade... i'm not one for pounding systems and crazy bass... i was fond of a jl 10w7 i had at one point... i'd be way more than happy with a 10 inch sub or smaller... anyone have reccomendations one an easy and inexpensive application?
    personally i would get a 10 inch kicker L5 and a 400-500 w amp like a kicker or a rockford fosgate. Spend a little more money now and you will be a lot happier in the long run
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

two 10" alpine type e's, a dual 300w amp will run around $360, given you have a head unit. Dont forget you you'll need rca's and the rest of needed wiring. Build your own box to the mfg spec from the subs.

I have the type e's there the older model the white ones, and they hit hard in the car, and i dont wake people while going down streets. I think my mtx amp is pushing 175w too.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Quote Originally Posted by adizzle02 View Post
    yes you can...you need to get whats called a pack adapter it will give you a place to plug your rca's into. you can also tap the remote wire for the amp on the radio harness
    thanks man i would try to plug and play.. one more quaestion... how do i get the unit out of the dash?? any esy way to do it? do i have to buy them keys to pull out the unit?
    2004 San Remo Red Subaru Impreza WRX 5spd
    Blobeye Syndicate #999

Quote Originally Posted by Philixxj View Post
    thanks man i would try to plug and play.. one more quaestion... how do i get the unit out of the dash?? any esy way to do it? do i have to buy them keys to pull out the unit?
    on my 02 you take off the trim piece around the radio and heater controls(its held on by clips) then there are 6 screws-3 per side on the silver bracket.
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

K i'm back to this topic... there is one of those oudio clearance sales this weeknd... i was thinkin of goin and seeing if there were any deals... would you guys reccomend me picking up a small sub and amp to power it... or new cabin speakers? i plan on keeping the factory HU. so i'll have to get one of those pack adapter kit deals? i'd guess radioshack? also... anyone ever amp the stock cabin speakers? reccomended? il-advised? thanks!
    yup

K i'm back to this topic... there is one of those oudio clearance sales this weeknd... i was thinkin of goin and seeing if there were any deals... would you guys reccomend me picking up a small sub and amp to power it... or new cabin speakers? i plan on keeping the factory HU. so i'll have to get one of those pack adapter kit deals? i'd guess radioshack? also... anyone ever amp the stock cabin speakers? reccomended? il-advised? thanks!
    I personally have never seen anything worth buying at one of those clearence deals...One word of caution is some of these will sell refurbished products and not tell you that. Not saying its bad but its kind of nice to know what you are buying....and from experience its worth the extra money to get name brand stuff like alpine,rockford fosgate, jl audio ect you will be happier in the long run.

Anyways i would go with a sub and amp first. You can get a pac adapter from any stereo shop like circuit city or best buy. Im amping my stocks now it sounds just fine. I'll be upgrading eventually but for now it works for me
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

Banned
    Don't. Buy a nice HU. It will make you happy in the long run.

infinity basslink.
    10" sub with 200W amp all in about a square foot

pretty affordable via ebay.

i've bought 2 in the past like 6 years.

I have a good deal on a 7" Double Din touchscreen unit brand New if your interested it's new on the market so it has no Name i could give ya the specs if interested. Pictures of unit and intalled unit here Chicago Burbs Rollcall
    Last edited by WRXFreak2002; 03-30-2008 at 02:13 PM. Reason: add link

Quote Originally Posted by WRXFreak2002 View Post
    I have a good deal on a 7" Double Din touchscreen unit brand New if your interested it's new on the market so it has no Name i could give ya the specs if interested. Pictures of unit and intalled unit here Chicago Burbs Rollcall
    how good of a deal?

$500 if you would like specs for compairison i can get them for you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.