Help!! Aduio 05 Wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Help!! Aduio 05 Wrx within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I just bought my WRX and was bummed when I realized putting an AUX port in it might be a ...

PdP

Help!! Aduio 05 Wrx

I just bought my WRX and was bummed when I realized putting an AUX port in it might be a huge pain in the ass. I have the 6CD changer stock currently. How have you delt with this? What are my options, and of them which is the best? In a percfect world I would get a new unit which was HD radio ready (i dont need nav unit), and have an aux port.

Also side note what is involved with getting the plate behind the Tac/odomiter/gas guage swapped for a diffrent color set? cost, and process? Thanks for you help.

Schep

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

PdP

oh yea

and I would like it to be reasonably affordable. I am not crazy into having a home stereo in the car and the upgraded speakers it came with work fine for me

Welcome, there are ways to install it, im not sure, ill dig around. IMO your best off to get an upgrades head unit and utilize the AUX on it. Also you cannot change the color plates on our year of car, you can take the cluster apart and remove layers of film with acetone and color it in with marker. May not look very well, but it has been done and it is a very tedious process.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

I picked up the iPod pro kit from Jazzy Engineering (http://www.jazzyengineering.com/) a couple months back and installed it. It's a custom PCB that installs inside the factory 6 cd changer, and has an input for an aux-in port.

The one I got interfaces with an iPod, but there is a 3.5 mm jack type too I believe. Excellent product, easy install, good directions, sounds great. I would highly recommend going this route.

I just got an 05 WRX and am looking for a good way to hook up my iPod. The three options Jazzy Engineering offers look good but what benefit do you gain by the aux-in port feature the top two models have? I'm pretty clueless about most electronics. I only plan on listening to it through the car's stereos so would the $30 iPod Audio/Charge adapter cable be sufficient?

I'd be willing to buy the more expensive ones though if they produce better sound quality.

Are you talking about the ones that transmit on low freq. FM radio waves? If so, don't get that, it produces mediocre at best sound quality.
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    - Winston Churchill

Ah, the patter of little feet around the house. There's nothing like having a midget for a butler.

I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.
    - W.C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by treborcd View Post
    I just got an 05 WRX and am looking for a good way to hook up my iPod. The three options Jazzy Engineering offers look good but what benefit do you gain by the aux-in port feature the top two models have? I'm pretty clueless about most electronics. I only plan on listening to it through the car's stereos so would the $30 iPod Audio/Charge adapter cable be sufficient?

I'd be willing to buy the more expensive ones though if they produce better sound quality.
    The cable itself is not sufficient, as there are no inputs on the stock headunit. That's what the circuit board is for. It installs in-line between the CD changer and the audio board in the headunit, and provides a place to connect an input.

Cheapest way to get an aux-in with an iPod cable is to get the iPod Pro Kit. That's what I picked up, and it works very well.
    '05 silver WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #28
    Raammat Soundproof Thread
    The Octane Thread

PdP
    I am glad people are still posting replies to this thread but just so you all know I wound up getting a head unit for free from the awesome people at JVC. They also outfit me with new speakers, subs, and a touch display. So in other words.... JVC is amazing. I do however want everyones feed back on the difference between the various sound companies. Does anyone have a preference?
    Schep
    05 WRX Sport Wagon San Remo Red
    Blob EyE Syndicate #2020

JVC Mobile Turn Me On video now available on Heavy
    Has anyone seen O-P-P? We were all down with him but last time I saw him he was begging for change at 7-11

No, I'm not talking about the FM transmitter ones, I'm through with those. Good to know there are no inputs, thanks for pointing that out.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by PdP
    I am glad people are still posting replies to this thread but just so you all know I wound up getting a head unit for free from the awesome people at JVC. They also outfit me with new speakers, subs, and a touch display. So in other words.... JVC is amazing. I do however want everyones feed back on the difference between the various sound companies. Does anyone have a preference?
    I ran a JVC KD-G510 in my last car. JVC offered an iPod adapter, which was $100. Instead, I bought a $5 mini-mini cable from RadioShack to connect to my iPod to the front AUX input jack, a $10 DC-adapter charger from Amazon, and ran that setup for about a year. The only downside was that instead of displaying the artist/track information on the HU face, it said "Aux In". Was that really worth the extra $85 it would've cost me for the adapter? No.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.