Building my new system this week. - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

This is a discussion on Building my new system this week. within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Nice Pionners!...

Banned
    Nice Pionners!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

First initial thoughts:

Overall, I love them but there's a lot of tuning still to do. First thing I did was turn OFF my HP crossover. I set it to flat. And these things were flawless running full range. I don't get the bass I want if I set a filter. My doors are fairly sealed and I did cover most of the remaining holes with a layer of dynamat during this install.

I can only think of one problem. The highs/voice are way too harsh on my tweets. Like when I get the mids/lows to the perfect range, at that point the highs are starting to hurt my ears. And its mostly "voice" out of my tweets that is harsh. I already have my passive box set at -3dB. So there are plenty of solutions I can use for this. I could move my tweets down low, which might take away some harshness. I could also use my EQ to lower the harsh point, if I had any idea where it was.. I put the tweets as low as that because that is the furthest possible point from my head, thus equalizing the mid/tweet distance as much as possible.
    2011 VW GTI - K04

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789