08 headunit in 02-07 Impreza

This is a discussion on 08 headunit in 02-07 Impreza within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Having the ability to dock an ipod in your car and read the track info (rather than just track #) ...

08 headunit in 02-07 Impreza

Having the ability to dock an ipod in your car and read the track info (rather than just track #) sounds really clutch to me. Not to mention, having near CD quality (not that FM transmitter garbage) and easy control of what track is playing.

Does anyone know if an 08 headunit will work in an GD/GG?

Additionally, where is the ipod dock? Is it a cable that plugs into the ipod or an actual dock built into the dash somehow?
    2nd WRX...
    More than meets the eye.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentH View Post
    Having the ability to dock an ipod in your car and read the track info (rather than just track #) sounds really clutch to me. Not to mention, having near CD quality (not that FM transmitter garbage) and easy control of what track is playing.

Does anyone know if an 08 headunit will work in an GD/GG?

Additionally, where is the ipod dock? Is it a cable that plugs into the ipod or an actual dock built into the dash somehow?
    i think the 08 uses a kenwood headunit for the GPS screen im not sure what the non GPS ones get

I got a jvc KD-PDR30 with a remote and ipod Cable full ipod controls and a aux input on the front for non ipod music players for 34 bucks on ebay.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

have any pics of it installed? Looks OK, but I like how the stock one fills out the space. I also like the "stock" look. That JVC might look good w/the red STi cluster.
    2nd WRX...
    More than meets the eye.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentH View Post
    have any pics of it installed? Looks OK, but I like how the stock one fills out the space. I also like the "stock" look. That JVC might look good w/the red STi cluster.
    I dont have it installed yet. i need to get a drawer for the other slot still.

I got this because it had the ipod cable and was cheap thats all.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~