2008 factory subwoofer any good?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2008 factory subwoofer any good? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Looking through the accessory list on line, I see that Subaru sells a sub woofer that installs under the driver's ...

2008 factory subwoofer any good?

Looking through the accessory list on line, I see that Subaru sells a sub woofer that installs under the driver's seat. Anyone know:
    1. How good this is,
    2. If there are connection points under the seat for the power and input for the speaker,
    3. How much it costs?

If you do, care to share that information?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I didn't notice any difference between the stock system and the Subaru sub one of my buddies had.

If you want any kind of decent bass, you're going to have to put a box in your trunk. Plain and simple.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

I respectfully disagree. Assuming the 2008 is on par with the 2003, when I bought my 2003 (now deceased), it did not have the factory sub. Playing Blue Man Group CDs made the door speakers distort. After installing the factory sub, I was able to reduce the BASS level on the head unit to where the door speakers did not distort, and I could play them at a higher volume, the sub adding just the right amount of thump, and plenty of it. True, it may not be the most "audiophile" in quality, but if yer THAT picky, you'd be replacing the whole shebang anyway, right?

Now I have a 2006 WRX Wagon with the "Premium" sound package, but it did not include the sub either. I was going to buy one, but, I dunno what Subaru did in this newer factory stereo, but it is much more bass capable than my '03 was, and I've grown to like the sound, despite not having a sub. Works for me. (Take into account, however, I DO NOT listen to Hip Hop, and personally I think those boom-box road thumpers you can feel from a mile away should be put someplace where they won't annoy me.)
    (Call me an ol' fart if you want, but I'LL be enjoying my music with my own ears, while those guys will be going "Eh??" with their hearing aides by the time they're 30.

I was thinking of this too on my 08. Does anyone know if it is prewired for the sub?
    2008 Pearl White Hatch.
    Perrin Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by WRX_xxx View Post
    I was thinking of this too on my 08. Does anyone know if it is prewired for the sub?
    Yes. there's even instructions on the internet.
    -RL

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.