Stupid Stero Question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stupid Stero Question within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Allright so the wife bought me 2 12 800watt amp and box. details are as follows: 2003 wrx wagon Factory ...

Stupid Stero Question

Allright so the wife bought me 2 12 800watt amp and box. details are as follows:
    2003 wrx wagon
    Factory Preminum Stero
    New Stuff..
    2 Pioneer TS-W301R
    1 Pioneer GM-7300M
    Q Logic Sealed Dual 12 Box

I have read a few threads here and on nasioc. The first and most important question would be. Can I run the power from where the factory boostgauge would be wired to?
    Secondandly with the factory 6disc what will i need to do to get an audio out. I have not removed the stero from the dash yet as I thought I would type the post then go remove it and hope for some responses once it is removed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There is no way pushing that much power to an amp that you would want to use anything but a direct line to the battery with a fuse within 8-10 inches of the battery. It's just the best and safest route. I'd say you'd want to run 4 guage or 6 guage wire, and probably about a 20 amp fuse.

As far as getting the audio to the speakers you'll probably be best off getting a Line output convertor (LOC). Using the LOC you'll connect it to your rear speakers, then connect to your AMP, not the optimal sound, but doable with a high quality LOC

could i tap the speakers from the wiring harness for the hu and run rca all the way to the amp... as far as wiring for power i consulted with a friend he said minimum 8gauge wire 60amp fuse ground to the frame on an allready exsiting ground. i notice on the wireing harness there is a possibilty of doing so i just dont want to splice into the wires and completely break ****

ok i have assembled box subs amp pictured below

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	121707_2156a.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	75669

and i removed my factory head and i noticed something that none of the tutorials showed about it and theres no wiring going to it pictured below on the connector outline it is labled "FF01996B 2" anyone know anything about this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	121807_2043a.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	75670

any ideas?

Real simple dude.

Run a 4 awg wire from the battery (fused around 130A) to wherever you want to mount the amp.

Use a ground wire of the same gauge. Make sure you sand any paint away from your grounding point

You need LOC's to convert the high voltage signal from the speaker wires to RCA's unless your amp can accept high level inputs.

There is no short cut. There is no way of using the 20 awg or so wire from the HU to power your amp. There is no other way to get the signal to the system (barring external DSP uses).

There are TONS of How To's on NASIOC about this, and I'm sure here as well so the info is readily available.

ohh no doubt i have 8awg running from battery with a 100amp fuse using a loc i started mounting the lock on the front passenger rear door but soon as i went to feed my rca i found a big problem the bloody groument weather tube is way too tight so right now im about to run it from the read pass and then hopefully tonight have it running however i am still very curious about the connector on the back of the deck. anyhow ohh and i am fairly certain the amp will take it as theres an secondary thats speaker in so im assuming i could of just used those but **** it i was given the loc in exchange for black market sex dvds lol.

ill let ya know how it goes and btw i confirmed itd have to go straight from batt was referring to wiring the audio from the hu. hmmz now about this remote **** am i going to have to wire that into something to get it to power on hmmz man strange learning by doing will teach me so deuce

hey, I work 4 a car stereo shop - I would really recommend getting it professional install - if you damage something u r out $$$ - but an install shop offers warranty & all that good stuff - but if something does happen - its on them

wired up using 2 different faqs i have my power running from batt using 100amp fuse popped the plug in between my break and clutch ran my wire through there then up under my dash through the kickboard then through the frame to the back between the seat and the molding piece into my backend ran my remote back the same way up into the cig lighter back removed controls for access to the cig spliced the wire and stripped it then crimped it to loop onto the red as shown in a diagram slid the wiring piece back over the terminals running a lock from rear door speakers back through the feed which i sliced open with an exacto then resealed with electrical tape as rca cables where not fiting through worth ****. then back down the frame underneath the molding/kickboard to the back grounded to my rear strut tower.

i am rethinking the ground and considering taking it through to where the spare is and wiring it to there. 2 12s at 800 really does make alot of noise to where my front and rear components can barely be heard so tonight its off to a secluded area to adjust the settings on the amp for best listening

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    wow... I didn't realize you were only going to be powering the subs with that. The premium stereo only puts out 30W per channel - so your competing a week 120W (headunit and speakers) against a strong 800W bass amp... I think you will have to turn the amp WAY down to find some balance. Now that you are so good at this you should probably buy a 4 channel amp and do the panel speakers.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.