stock subwoofers
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on stock subwoofers within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; i need to replace a stock subwoofer in a 03 wrx wagon. it does not work and i have not ...

stock subwoofers

i need to replace a stock subwoofer in a 03 wrx wagon. it does not work and i have not taken it apart to troubleshoot because there are dozens listed on ebay. the problem is that many are for other models and the ones listed as for wrx are much more expensive. does anyone know if there is a big difference between forester, legacy, etc & WRX intended models?

my guess is that they are very similar and perhaps even identical.

any help is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Who knows I would put your money into getting an after market one.

Werd..

The factory sub leaves alot to be desired.. but most late models (02+) interchange. Worst case, you may have to cut and splice the factory couplers, but most are plug and play.
    2004 San Remo WRX - 370whp / 401wtq / EJ205
    2005 Pontiac GTO - 438whp / 470wtq / LS2
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=EJRex
    Blobeye Syndicate # 44

the only thing that limits me is that i use the car for work and must have the whole wagon area for tools etc... if anyone has a good experience with subs that will fit under the front seat, please let me know.

There are a few companies out there that make enclosures for under seat fitment.. MTX and Q-Logic come to mind, although I don't know if they have one specifically for Subarus. Might wanna check into that...
    2004 San Remo WRX - 370whp / 401wtq / EJ205
    2005 Pontiac GTO - 438whp / 470wtq / LS2
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=EJRex
    Blobeye Syndicate # 44

Banned
    There is one that fits in the spare tire thing too.

Pioneer UD-SW8U Enclosure may fit...not sure.
    with the Pioneer TS-SW841D 8" subwoofer
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.