what is the right sound system for me? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on what is the right sound system for me? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by momolicious btw, what is the 06 wrx stock speakers? do you mean size? if so....you can fit ...

Quote Originally Posted by momolicious View Post
    btw, what is the 06 wrx stock speakers?
    do you mean size?

if so....you can fit 6.5's up front with a easily made bracket of MDF
    and 5.25 in the back. there was some company that made nice plastic brackets but i can't recall where.

as far as manufactorer, I have no idea.
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ok, what is about this night and day difference?

I just installed a Pioneer headunit and the sound quality sounds very wierd... well the treble is pretty nice but damn the bass... the stock head unit had MUCH more satisfying mid range sound. The bass really turned to crap with this headunit, sounds like cheap bass. The Stock cdplayer had some pretty GOOD midrange sound and some satisfying bass. whats up with this?

EDIT: ok that is my initial impressions from listening right after installation so it might be just a kinda "culture shock" to how differently it sounds from stock. Ill mess with the custom settings equalizer and see how it goes with more listening. Thing is, it really does sound a bit lacking.. something is missing after replacing headunit, maybe it needs better speakers, amp, subwoofer, amp to REALLY complete it
    Last edited by momolicious; 08-30-2007 at 11:19 PM.

I Support ClubWRX

I just installed a Pioneer headunit and the sound quality sounds very wierd... well the treble is pretty nice but damn the bass... the stock head unit had MUCH more satisfying mid range sound. The bass really turned to crap with this headunit, sounds like cheap bass. The Stock cdplayer had some pretty GOOD midrange sound and some satisfying bass. whats up with this?

EDIT: ok that is my initial impressions from listening right after installation so it might be just a kinda "culture shock" to how differently it sounds from stock. Ill mess with the custom settings equalizer and see how it goes with more listening. Thing is, it really does sound a bit lacking.. something is missing after replacing headunit, maybe it needs better speakers, amp, subwoofer, amp to REALLY complete it
    I think you just really have to tune it. That Pioneer should offer you much more range and ability to change it to how you want to hear it than a stock unit.

You did basically answer your own questions

Given that WRXs and STIs have a lot of road/suspension/engine noise, it will also throw off the already poor acoustics of a car. Not to mention the speakers are really crap in these cars, and that is WITH a "Premium" sound system. The only adequate way you will reproduce bass is with some kind of subwoofer setup. You can increase bass and midrange with better aftermarket speakers, even the basic Pioneers from Best Buy or something. Just as long as its something better. If you really want better sound though, amp up aftermarket interior speakers and you will hear much better midrange.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    You did basically answer your own questions

Given that WRXs and STIs have a lot of road/suspension/engine noise, it will also throw off the already poor acoustics of a car. Not to mention the speakers are really crap in these cars, and that is WITH a "Premium" sound system. The only adequate way you will reproduce bass is with some kind of subwoofer setup. You can increase bass and midrange with better aftermarket speakers, even the basic Pioneers from Best Buy or something. Just as long as its something better. If you really want better sound though, amp up aftermarket interior speakers and you will hear much better midrange.
    +1

I've swapped out door speakers in every car I've ever owned. Up until recently I've just run them off the headunit with a reasonable return, but I just bought a 50watt x 4 and the difference is unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by abhiwan View Post
    do you mean size?

if so....you can fit 6.5's up front with a easily made bracket of MDF
    and 5.25 in the back. there was some company that made nice plastic brackets but i can't recall where.

as far as manufactorer, I have no idea.
    The company is IA Performance and the brackets can be found HERE!!!

I spent around $1,500 including installation on the following set-up that I'm very happy with. Only thing I'd do differently is skip the rear speakers. Also, I'm not a huge bass guy, so my powered sub is probably not on par with most other guys...

HU: Pioneer/Premier DEH-P880PRS
    Amp: Alpine MRPF250
    Fronts: Memphis MSQ6 6.5" components
    Rears: Memphis MC6 6.5"
    Powered Sub: MTX X110P 10"

Im running a stock 2.5i 06 speaker setup with an aftermarket Pioneer head unit w/ipod hook up.

I was wondering what kind of speakers I should upgrade to? The HU does a lot to make use of the current speakers, but they ultimately suck. I dont wanna amp a crappy set of speakers.

I was wondering if i should just trade out the two fronts ones, and amp all four and throw in another amp/sub box in the trunk for the added bass.

Lemme know what you all think

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.