Any Interest in fiberglass enclosures for your subie? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Any Interest in fiberglass enclosures for your subie? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; How about an under the passenger seat sub? I am not looking to rock the neighborhood; just fill out the ...

I Support ClubWRX
    How about an under the passenger seat sub? I am not looking to rock the neighborhood; just fill out the bottom end on the highway.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sign me up foo
    how much you thinking about selling them for?

i have two 12s and relly like the way toughs boxes look. the driver and passengar boxes for a 02 2.5rs is what id need
    Last edited by vanskater; 02-02-2006 at 12:36 PM.
    Originally Posted by speedette
    You may 'think' that you are playing "devil's advocate", but you're really more like "negative nancy".

any more info?? can you make one with room for 8inches of mounting depth for a 10inch sub? let me know
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

i have two JL Audio 12" W3 subs and I HATE the massive box, would i be really sacrificing a lot by cutting back to one sub and your custome encolsure?

Quote Originally Posted by GIRex
    any more info?? can you make one with room for 8inches of mounting depth for a 10inch sub? let me know
    Still working on the molds for the 12's LINK
    I'm using Diamond Audio and JL Audio as guides but your woofer for a 10 might be just too deep. Might be able to make it fit though. How much air does it need?
    "I see us as being in the art business. Art, entertainment and mobile sculpture, which, coincidentally, also happens to provide transportation."--Bob Lutz

www.audiointegrations.net

Quote Originally Posted by wrxit
    i have two JL Audio 12" W3 subs and I HATE the massive box, would i be really sacrificing a lot by cutting back to one sub and your custome encolsure?
    Depending on what type of music you listen to and how loud is probably the biggest factor. One 12 or 10 will usually out play your front stage even with a set of nice seperates. Most people seem to like more bass but two 12's is quite alot. I'm a big fan of heavy bass don't get me wrong. My old system was 6 10w6's in a Integra but just too loud for normal listening. Depending on how your box is built now you might be able to just play the one sub. Their going to have to be in their own seperate chambers for this to work plus you might have to rewire the one sub different to the amp to get decent power out of your amp. A bit of work but should give you an good idea of the sound. In my opinion the W3 is a great woofer and one of them running with the proper power should be more than enough.
    "I see us as being in the art business. Art, entertainment and mobile sculpture, which, coincidentally, also happens to provide transportation."--Bob Lutz

Model: MA10SY

1000W Rms
    2000W Max
    3 Dual 2-Ohm Voice Coils
    280 oz. Double Stacked Magnet
    2 Treated Foam Surround
    Sensitivity: 83.7 dB @ 1w/1m
    Mounting Depth: 6
    Optimum Vented Box: 3.0 Cu. Ft.
    Port Size: 2 - 4 (d) x 11 (l)
    Optimum Sealed Box: 0.75 1.0 Cu. Ft.

OK so i only need 6inches of depth
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

Quote Originally Posted by GIRex
    Model: MA10SY

1000W Rms
    2000W Max
    3 Dual 2-Ohm Voice Coils
    280 oz. Double Stacked Magnet
    2 Treated Foam Surround
    Sensitivity: 83.7 dB @ 1w/1m
    Mounting Depth: 6
    Optimum Vented Box: 3.0 Cu. Ft.
    Port Size: 2 - 4 (d) x 11 (l)
    Optimum Sealed Box: 0.75 1.0 Cu. Ft.

OK so i only need 6inches of depth
    Yeah it should work. I'm just starting the 10" models this next week so I'll have a better idea then.

noone dropped the pword

how much, even an approximate, i started making my own this weekend, but im still interested in what you would charge.

in case mine comes out, mediocre.. i just wanted to give it a shot.
    oops

Quote Originally Posted by longislandwrx
    noone dropped the pword

how much, even an approximate, i started making my own this weekend, but im still interested in what you would charge.

in case mine comes out, mediocre.. i just wanted to give it a shot.
    yes, I am also very interested in a guestimate price

Any chance you may make one for an EVO? Id be interested sometime in the future if you did.

Quote Originally Posted by IHRTWRX
    Any chance you may make one for an EVO? Id be interested sometime in the future if you did.
    If the Subaru enclosures worked out I want to do a variety of different cars. Your EVO is probably first on the list. Working on building a quick website to sell them on and will become a vendor here after we're done so I can sell to you guys. We're going to have a vote/polling system to pick the next car we make models for so I'll keep ya posted when we get there. Thanks for the interest!

what kind of carpet is that, it looks to be spot on... always wondered about grey vs light grey
    oops

Quote Originally Posted by longislandwrx
    what kind of carpet is that, it looks to be spot on... always wondered about grey vs light grey
    The manufacture is Foss and I get it from our wholesale distributor here in Portland. They make a couple different colors of gray but can't remember which that is exactly. It matches damn near perfect. It's actaully a trunkliner form of carpet. Most of your local stereo shops should have something close if not the same.

I would definitely be interested in one that would fit a 12. Make them soon!

PM me or post up when they're going to be available.

2005 WRX Sedan
    2005 Honda CRF 50
    2003 Suzuki GSXR 600
    1994 Suzuki Sidekick (Beater)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.