06 headunit installation write-up
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 headunit installation write-up within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Figured I would do a quick write-up on changing out the radios on the new 06's since i just changed ...

06 headunit installation write-up

Figured I would do a quick write-up on changing out the radios on the new 06's since i just changed mine out to today.

Step 1:

Pry off the radio surround. You can do this by sticking a flathead in between the radio and the radio surround((red arrows)radio MAY get scratched IF YOU ARE NOT CAREFUL.....SO BE CAREFUL, but better the radio your replacing then the dash if your not careful and something does get scratched). Once you have this loose DO NOT pull hard(there are 2 hidden screws). Pull out the shifter surround by gently pulling on it, don't forget that the cigarette lighter is attached to that surround.

Step 2:

Now you should see the two "hidden" screws(red arrows). Remove these two screws. Now the radio surround should ease right out.

Step 3:

Now you can see the six screws holding the radio in place. Remove these screws and the radio assembly will slide right out. Remove the connectors and antenna.

Installation is the reversal of these instructions.
    Last edited by wit2003; 09-29-2006 at 05:58 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Any how-to write up that cause damage to any part being removed should not be a write up at all.

Ok i'll edit it for you.........

Quote Originally Posted by wit2003
    radio MAY get scratched IF YOU ARE NOT CAREFUL.....SO BE CAREFUL,
    Much better!

Could someone resize these pics?

Where did the photos go?

What happened to the photos? I bookmarked this thread for future reference but now the photos are gone...

I put them up on my webshots account but apparently that didnt work out too well.........i;ll email you the pics.........whats your email address?

I put them up on my webshots account but apparently that didnt work out too well.........i;ll email you the pics.........whats your email address?
    fendyswong@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Just attached the pics to this thread. People will be able to fill in the gaps if you post them in order.
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

imagehosting.us has tons for free space u can use
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

Do nudists have nightmares of showing up to class fully clothed?

I have received the pics & thank you. I found out that it's easier to pop out the shifter surround first w/ flathead & then pull out the shifter surround. Then go to your step 2. I'm able to pull out the radio surround half way, but the top part of it is still stucked to the dash. Do I just keep pulling the surround up until it pop off? Sorry for double posting this on another thread: Removing factory DIN head unit in 06 TR

hey there fellow Suby..can you email those pics to me as well? rawkster@hotmail.com

thanks a lot!

2006 wrx factory stereo wiring diagram?

I've been through the threads...still nothing on a wiring diagram..i really don't want to have to test all the wires, anyone out there have this diagram..should be the same as the 2005 6 cd changer stock stereo wiring diagram..

Any help would be appreciated thanks..!

i got the pics on my work computer.....i'll send em to you when i get there.....

Quote Originally Posted by wrx2020
    I've been through the threads...still nothing on a wiring diagram..i really don't want to have to test all the wires, anyone out there have this diagram..should be the same as the 2005 6 cd changer stock stereo wiring diagram..

Any help would be appreciated thanks..!
    The harness you got for your head unit (hopefully you got one so you don't have to cut factory wiring!) will be the same color wires as on your aftermarket head unit. So you just match color for color.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast