radio and cell phone interference

This is a discussion on radio and cell phone interference within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Does anyone else get this? Ever since I had my system installed (still stock headunit, coming out friday though) I ...

radio and cell phone interference

Does anyone else get this? Ever since I had my system installed (still stock headunit, coming out friday though) I get that interference noise frm the cell phone, the one taht you can hear right before your phne rings if you have it next to any speakers, but its constantly going off even when my phone is not ringing. I never use to get this interference before.

Lately Ive just been turning off my phone to deal with it because it really bugs me, but I really dont like to turn my phone off. Im guessing it has to do with the antenna, because come to think of it, I think my reception is not as good as it was before. Anyone have any ideas what should I look for?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Guessing your phone is nextel....
    2004 WRB WRX
    Interior: Momo shifter knob, door sills, red bulbs on HVAC, fog light, keyring, clock
    Exterior: OEM spoiler, sideskirts, red brake calipers (G2 set), cleared headlights (all white), Blue "i" emblem
    Tint: 30% front/side 20% back
    Audio: Kenwood MPV 7019 head unit w/ mp3 adapter
    Power: OEM SPT catback exhaust system, K&N air filter

motorola with cingular service if that helps any

ive had this.. with my moto .. and i do too have cingular.. it used ot happen now it doesnt.. im using the razr now.. but before it would happen in my crv . but it hasnt happened to me in my subie.. i think its just a cingular thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Woody182
    Guessing your phone is nextel....
    haha, when I had my nexthell and subaru it always had issues.

Oddly enough the only thing the phone was reliable for was creating interference.

so its the phone then??? Because I didnt notice it before, unless I worked on the radio when I changed my phone

def the phone. i have a nextel and that emef causes a lot of noise.
    2003 PSM WRX Stage 2
    2004 PSM WRX Transformer: Silverstreak
    2004 WRC STI Transformer: Smokescreen

So I collect toys...what of it...

Ive had AT&T, Voicestream->Tmobile, and now Cingular, Every phone I ever had (ericsson, nokia, moto) did it to the hu in my cars, my alarm clocks, and even my tv. It only happened when the phone was near them
    - Local Riceist

ah that sucks. Oh well, I'll just try to keep it as far away from the headunit.

Is your new headunit one of those nuclear units?
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

I have a nextel and when I had my stock head unit it didn't make any noises with the radio...

Well it was happening with the stock headunit, and still happens with my new one too (not as bad) but I found a new, more convenient spot, to put my phone (in the door handle ) so it its not as bad. I still think it interferes with the speaker, but its not as bad as it was with the headunit.

Also, I had to put it there because it would screw around with my ipod when it was in the cupholder. I read some articles on this though and found out why it happens, not worth remembering though.

try setting it on top of your tv or computer screen then call....radio waves, i'd be more concerned about what they do your head than your radio....I've got 2 cell phones and talk over 3000min a month (live on the road) when I'm in a car my radio let's me know I have a call before it rings,lol.
    from the outside looking in you don't understand from the inside looking out you can't explaine