JL audio stealth box WRX/STi
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on JL audio stealth box WRX/STi within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Mods let me know if this isnt OK ok everyone, ive got some great news. i have been talking with ...

JL audio stealth box WRX/STi

Mods let me know if this isnt OK
    ok everyone, ive got some great news. i have been talking with some JL Audio people about making a stealth enclosure for our cars(WRX/STi). JL has expressed to me that they are willing to, and want to, make a stealth box for the WRX/STi. so this is what i need from you guys.
    What sub do you think would be best, and placement of the sub. ALL ideas put in this thread so i can get back to the JL rep and try to set something up. He seemed pretty damn excited/interested with this deveolpment. ( this is posted in NASIOC.com and IWSTI.com, making my rounds around the respected Subaru communities)

Again, be creative, and realistic

use this format.

Sub type( Box and subwoofer type((w6,w7,w3))reason why)-

Placement(reasons why)-

Any other thoughts-

i want this format used so i can send something constructive to the JL Rep.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    W6. It's a great woofer and works really well in a small enclosure.

On the passenger side of the trunk. That way you don't block access to the jack and lift.

Make it soon, or I'm making my own!!!!
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

i have a stealth box...

i drive an 06 wrx wagon...i used to have an 02 wrx wagon that was my baby...it burned out a valve and was going to cost a lot to fix. ANYWAYS, i had a 10" jl w7 custom mounted in a small closed box in the back left of the trunk. the box is made out of fiberglass and fits like a glove. i had the amp put where the stock sub was (under the passenger seat). this box hit! i am currently working on putting it into my trunk on the new whip. i can't figure out how to upload the pictures, but if you walk me through, i'll show you the pictures.
    Last edited by zingrj; 01-26-2006 at 04:41 PM.

photobucket.com sign up, put [IMG] your pic [IMG/] into the reply. and there ya go.

pictures

okay...so here's what i had going on.... i had it put on the driver's side because in the 2002 the gas tank stuck out on the right. there was a hook above the jack space where i had them insert a screw so that if i got a flat i could simply move the box to get the jack...i had to use it before and it was a piece of cake. i cut the cargo mat to fit in. then i had the amp wired where the sub was and put in an alpine face unit with the ipod option. in the 02, the ipod fit perfectly under the e-brake.
    Last edited by zingrj; 01-31-2006 at 01:24 PM.

UPDATE!!
    This is from the JL rep.

The new WRX Stealthbox is taking shape! We're making a temporary mold now so we can make a prototype to test with. If all goes well we'll have availability in a couple months.

Just wanted to subscribe to the thread.

Sounds like an awesome idea.
    Scotty P

I like this idea however I would ask this:

1. That the sub be one of the top models. So many companies make these custom fit boxes yet use a lower end model in their product line in the enclosure.

2. The box itself be acoustically sound and of the proper cubic feet. We are talking JL here so that really should be a non-issue.

3. The box is finished in a material that looks classy or looks like the plastic interior so as to look like part of the car. That charcoal grey carpet is just so.....Qlogic.

4. The grill be of quality material and be durable due to the abuse it will see in that location.

I'm all for a nice slick and accurate hitting custom box and saving massive space, but not at the cost of performance.

-Slide
    Last edited by Slide; 03-21-2006 at 04:26 PM.

Any news on this? This thread died a while ago.

they should use the w3v3. 300 watts is perfect and a w3v3 is cheaper than the w6v2

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.