Ipod Options.... 06 WRX
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ipod Options.... 06 WRX within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; sorry if this seems retorical, but what are my options other than FM transmitters for a direct connection to the ...

Question Ipod Options.... 06 WRX

sorry if this seems retorical, but what are my options other than FM transmitters for a direct connection to the factory head unit???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Unfortunately none I think the only one would be to somehow hardwire it into the headunit in place of the cd player. I htink I remember seeing something like that over on the legacy forums where they did that and just had to play a blank cd.

I'd like to see some responses to this thread too though because I just got an ipod and would lie to use it too, but I think I am just going to go ahead and get a headunit, but its just too expensive (because I want to kenwood dvd player since its the only one taht actually looks good in the wrx, no other decent looking double-din receivers out) and I rather save that money for something else.

it may be a little pricey but you can purchase an alpine head unit and then purchase the alpine ipod interface which hooks up to the cd changer controls right off the deck. If you do it that way you will have no loss of sound quality and you will be able to browse through the ipod without ever touching it.

Peachypumpkincheeks

So far, there's barely any options. I'm in the same boat...I would love to hook up my ipod thru a non-fm-transmitter.

CHeck out this thread: another ipod option

Interesting option, I have yet to try it. You can also buy a naviagtion system with ipod integration but that costs $$$$
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I asked my dad to inquire a bit since he works for a subaru dealership. He told me that a sales man said subaru was going to release something for the next year (07) and it will not work in previous model year cars.... but everyone knows that salesmen are full of sh!t.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

I have the Alpine CDA-9855 headunit, which is one of the more expensives models, and purchased the ipod interface adapter. All the Alpine models that are Ai-Net compatible will support the interface adapter and allow you to play the ipod through your headunit, not having to touch the ipod at all. With the Alpine headunits that aren't Ai-Net compatible, an accessory can be purchased that plugs into the back, which allows you to play the ipod through the headunit. The interface adapter runs about 100 dollars, and headunits can run fairly affordable. I love my set up, worth every penny. Now i don't have to worry about cds and such

Heres the interface: http://www.alpine-usa.com/products/l...h_kca-420i.htm
    Last edited by cpnwrx13; 01-16-2006 at 12:52 PM.
    Life is too short for traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by cpnwrx13
    I have the Alpine CDA-9855 headunit, which is one of the more expensives models, and purchased the ipod interface adapter. All the Alpine models that are Ai-Net compatible will support the interface adapter and allow you to play the ipod through your headunit, not having to touch the ipod at all. With the Alpine headunits that aren't Ai-Net compatible, an accessory can be purchased that plugs into the back, which allows you to play the ipod through the headunit. The interface adapter runs about 100 dollars, and headunits can run fairly affordable. I love my set up, worth every penny. Now i don't have to worry about cds and such

Heres the interface: http://www.alpine-usa.com/products/l...h_kca-420i.htm

About how much was your entire alpine setup including the ipod adapters?

My entire sound system ran me about 2200 dollars. My headunit was about 500 dollars, type x speakers were about 200, 2 12" type r subs were about 500. My amps are sony and plus the cap and interface adapter.
    Life is too short for traffic.

I dont remember where I saw it, but someone hardwire an aux plug into the stock headunit and mounted it in the dash. that is antoher option, but you have to open up your radio and solder some wires, which isnt too hard, but pretty risky if you dont know what your doing.

Quote Originally Posted by felo3769
    I dont remember where I saw it, but someone hardwire an aux plug into the stock headunit and mounted it in the dash. that is antoher option, but you have to open up your radio and solder some wires, which isnt too hard, but pretty risky if you dont know what your doing.

Anyone have more info on this?????

screen that fits indash

hey i have an 05 wrx and i was wondering if i can get a screen that will fit in where the stock head unit is. Can the screen be a head unit too? cause the only ones that i know that can do that are the flip up ones, and those cost a fortune!

but someone hardwire an aux plug into the stock headunit and mounted it in the dash.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJSHADOW7
    Anyone have more info on this?????
    No way on a wrx, I went to three different audio shops and they all said no way no how to adding an aux to the stock head unit.

disclaimer: I have an 06. That said, I'm pretty sure its the same deal on previous my's
    black 06 wagon

Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00
    hey i have an 05 wrx and i was wondering if i can get a screen that will fit in where the stock head unit is. Can the screen be a head unit too? cause the only ones that i know that can do that are the flip up ones, and those cost a fortune!
    they all cost a fortune. one popular one is a pioneer avic-d1, which looks sick in a wrx.
    black 06 wagon

Quote Originally Posted by protocol0
    No way on a wrx, I went to three different audio shops and they all said no way no how to adding an aux to the stock head unit.

disclaimer: I have an 06. That said, I'm pretty sure its the same deal on previous my's

I'll try to find the thread. Not sure if it was on this forum, but I remember seeing it. It might have been a legacy, but I'd guess it would be pretty similar.

Cheapest alternative, best reception, best upside (you still have a mp3/cd player)
    Get any kenwood mpv series cd player
    Then get this:
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-yOeg22d...sp?i=113CAC1AX

or

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...rclo=&saprchi=

It's a direct line into the head unit through the back...I can show pictures of how it's wired if you want.

Perfect connection though, it's hard wired.
    2004 WRB WRX
    Interior: Momo shifter knob, door sills, red bulbs on HVAC, fog light, keyring, clock
    Exterior: OEM spoiler, sideskirts, red brake calipers (G2 set), cleared headlights (all white), Blue "i" emblem
    Tint: 30% front/side 20% back
    Audio: Kenwood MPV 7019 head unit w/ mp3 adapter
    Power: OEM SPT catback exhaust system, K&N air filter

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast