Ipod Options.... 06 WRX - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

This is a discussion on Ipod Options.... 06 WRX within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Some of Alpine's newer radio's have a high speed i-pod connection on the back, you still have to buy the ...

Some of Alpine's newer radio's have a high speed i-pod connection on the back, you still have to buy the high speed cable, but it sounds even better than running it through an AI-net adaptor.

All you seeking a double din should check out Alpine's new piece, the IVA-W200. It's very affordable and feature packed. I've installed a few of them at work and planning on putting one in my 06 TR.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ayeeee but that unit is $1k!! lol, quite a bit more pocket change than $350 i think ill take the single DIN for now
    Abram Goglanian: Photographer
    WTB: 99-03 Impreza ( RS or WRX )

Ewwww.... Myspace.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    ...I think they're loud enough to cause spontaneous involuntary pooping of the pants.

If you contact clubwrx member "blarg" he might be should to help you. He was saying that in Head units of newer subies (04 an on wrx and sti) have a DIN plug that you can use as an aux input. Hope it helps it would seriusly be a lot cheaper than any other options.
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

omg that would be beautiful!

i have a blaupunkt HU that i had in my VW passat, but i really dont want to put it in this car because the color scheme is completely different. it was great in the VW because it was blue and red LED, just like my interior lights.

ill contact blarg and see what nuggets of golden wisdom he can pass on to me

thanks!

Ewwww.... Myspace.
    ...I think they're loud enough to cause spontaneous involuntary pooping of the pants.

turns out the special DIN plug int he back of the stock HU was removed for 06... just my luck eh?

question about the alpine unit though - 18wt RMS seems low... how is the sound?
    and, aside from the LCD display there doesnt seem to be any difference between the 9857 and the 9856. is the 9857 really worth the extra $150?

Ewwww.... Myspace.

Quote Originally Posted by agphotography
    turns out the special DIN plug int he back of the stock HU was removed for 06... just my luck eh?

question about the alpine unit though - 18wt RMS seems low... how is the sound?
    and, aside from the LCD display there doesnt seem to be any difference between the 9857 and the 9856. is the 9857 really worth the extra $150?

I checked them both out today, im pretty sure the 56 doesn't devote the same amount of lines on the display for the integrated menus (like the ipod menu). The display and integrated ipod menu appear to be worth the bump in price. Ive been lookin' around on a bunch of different boards and the majority of 56 owners wished they would have gotten the 57. Im not 100% but im pretty sure the 57 also makes finding the song your looking for a lot easier.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

^ yeah 2 lines is way better than 1 for searching through 2000+songs
    -05 CGM STi Blobeye Syndicate #4
    -97 Acura SLX totaled 231k
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

eld4au6,

Did you just take it to an audio shop for the instal? I'm not confident enough to do the instal myself. The only problem would be with the forester DIN pocket, Im sure they wouldn't have a problem installing that peice along with the headunit.. but im not too sure. Does the pocket just slip in? Do I need to drill a hole in it and run the cable?
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

trust me dont let those people at bb, ccity, etc.. let them do it. I dont trust them at all, they broke the climate control on my dads 944 turbo. The hardest part is taking the dash apart(and im pretty sure u know how to do it), then the adaptor and the hu wires are color matched(which the antina and the illumination aren't but are easily found on this http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?p=9457034 ). And for the din pocket i just used 3m double sided tape(the thick white kind) it may sound getto but it works great and is strong as hell.
    Last edited by eld4au6; 04-17-2006 at 01:21 PM.
    -05 CGM STi Blobeye Syndicate #4
    -97 Acura SLX totaled 231k
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

well crutchfield gives you instructions on how to do it all yourself. it was super easy when i installed the stereo on my passat.

you convinced me about the 57 ( except im still curious about the 18wt RMS ) as i have a bit over 5k songs on my older iPod ( i still havent upgraded to a video yet lol )

now my options are - sway bars, a head unit, or a new ipod.... hmmm lol.

Ewwww.... Myspace.

all those guys at the major electronic stores as mentioned earlier, do suck. Your better off doing it by yourself or that buddy we all have that installs stereos and stuff. Crutchfeild has awsome prices, good directions and free tech line if you really need. seems a safe route.
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

Factory option

Here is what i did,... Sounds amazing. Just need to figure out a way to hide wires and charge.. working on that.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...&highlight=aux

stock deck

i have an 05 legacy, stock deck, is there any way to run a ipod wire from the back of the deck to play the ipod.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567