Ipod Options.... 06 WRX - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ipod Options.... 06 WRX within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; the fm thing is a scosche FM-M0D01 and i have a 3rd gen ipod...

the fm thing is a scosche FM-M0D01 and i have a 3rd gen ipod
    -05 CGM STi Blobeye Syndicate #4
    -97 Acura SLX totaled 231k
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by eld4au6
    the fm thing is a scosche FM-M0D01 and i have a 3rd gen ipod

Hrmmm wtf ive got the same model and i cant get decent sound how far do you have the volume adjusted on the modulator?
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

i didnt know there was a volume on it, i guess the way it came, although i did manage to brake off the the selector for the fm station.
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

i didnt know there was a volume on it, i guess the way it came, although i did manage to brake off the the selector for the fm station.
    Underneith the device is a volume adjuster it says high and low. I just turned it all the way down and the sound is 100% better... just need to crank it up on the headunit.

thats good, even if it has a little static i still think that it was worth the $20
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

thats good, even if it has a little static i still think that it was worth the $20

Ok, after more fine tuning the sound is pretty good! Where did you mount the modulator and where does your wire come out?

I mounted the switch in the glove box, so it's hidden and i ran the cable through the ash tray.

Good to hear that you got it installed and fine tuned. For the price, it's a great way to hook up an ipod, if you dont mind a simple installation.

For some reason when i use my ipod car charger (Xtrememac) it makes the ipod sound like sh!t..... any input?

Quote Originally Posted by DJSHADOW7
    For some reason when i use my ipod car charger (Xtrememac) it makes the ipod sound like sh!t..... any input?

Mine did too (belkin). But i my case it was probably a grounding problem with the new cigarette lighter I put in because I sued the stock ground wire. I didnt feel like grounding another wire so Im just running a regular aux cable to the headunit. Its not that often taht I spend 8-10 hours driving in my car anyways

Quote Originally Posted by felo3769
    Mine did too (belkin). But i my case it was probably a grounding problem with the new cigarette lighter I put in because I sued the stock ground wire. I didnt feel like grounding another wire so Im just running a regular aux cable to the headunit. Its not that often taht I spend 8-10 hours driving in my car anyways

Well after some research i think i found out the problem. Let me start by saying my brand new 5G video ipod is now useless. The battery will not hold a charge all because of this stupid ****ing ipod car charger. When i plugged it in my ipod reset... i thought nothing of it since its done that before. I took it inside right after because i wasn't in the mood to mess with it... now inside the ipod battery is dead. I charged it for awhile and the ipod gets really hot and the battery lasts a few minutes tops. I searched online for some ****ing answers and came out with multiple complaints right on the apple website about this product. What the **** am i supposed to do now with a 20$ usless charger and a $300 usless peice of harddrive.

"The elusive Aux-in"

I just ordered one of these and figured I'd let others know about it....
    After searching for a way to play my ipod on the stock 05 head unit, I was dissapointed to findout that pretty much the only option is an FM modulator. I wanted better sound quality than FM can provide so i eventually stumbled upon this in a forum somewhere.
    http://www.jazzyengineering.com/prod...products_id=28
    If you really want to keep the stock head unit, this basically splices into the cd changer internally and allows you to play a blank cd as the aux function. Then you plug in your ipod, minidisc, whatever, into the jack this provides. It's basically the legacy mod with the cd changer but internally.

mines supposed to come this week, i'll update on sound quality, difficulty of install etc if anyones intereted.

Quote Originally Posted by xtrememotion
    I just ordered one of these and figured I'd let others know about it....
    After searching for a way to play my ipod on the stock 05 head unit, I was dissapointed to findout that pretty much the only option is an FM modulator. I wanted better sound quality than FM can provide so i eventually stumbled upon this in a forum somewhere.
    http://www.jazzyengineering.com/prod...products_id=28
    If you really want to keep the stock head unit, this basically splices into the cd changer internally and allows you to play a blank cd as the aux function. Then you plug in your ipod, minidisc, whatever, into the jack this provides. It's basically the legacy mod with the cd changer but internally.

mines supposed to come this week, i'll update on sound quality, difficulty of install etc if anyones intereted.

Looks hard to install.....

Let me know how it goes, pictures would be great

BlitzSafe iPod interface

I dont know if this was talked about yet in this thread, but it looks pretty good to me. I was actually going to go pick one up today. Circuit City has em.

http://www.blitzsafe.com/uii.html

It charges through the dock and sends the signal through there too so there is no issue with differing volume settings. I figure i could mount it under the dash and run the cord through the ashtray.

Whoops, that was page 3... try again.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21047

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.