Ipod Options.... 06 WRX - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ipod Options.... 06 WRX within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by eld4au6 true that Ill take some pictures along the way for those hesitant on the install... also ...

Quote Originally Posted by eld4au6
    true that

Ill take some pictures along the way for those hesitant on the install... also expect a full review.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

great!!
    -05 CGM STi Blobeye Syndicate #4
    -97 Acura SLX totaled 231k
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by chromatica
    i did the same thing a few weeks ago..the sound quality is horrible through the charger's jack so i just had to run a cord to the headphones

damn really? Thansk for the heads up. But ive been reading some good reveiws on it.

my friend just got one for his car it sounded awsome, but in my car it dosent sound good at all. i guess its because my antenna is awful
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

my friend just got one for his car it sounded awsome, but in my car it dosent sound good at all. i guess its because my antenna is awful

the monster charger? Well its not a fm transmitter, so I wont have to worry about that since it has a direct line out. But Either way , it will still serve as a charger, but I was looking at it sicne it has bot hthe line out and charger in one place reducing the amount of wiring and what not.

yeah
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

How was the out come?
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

How was the out come?

Still waiting on the modulator

Couldnt order when i was supposed to

oh, keep us posted
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

oh, keep us posted

Deal.... maybe be a few days it should be here thurs.

just to let you guys know, i have an FM modulator for my XM radio set up and the quality is OK, but is noticibly less than CD. Its better then the FM transmitters and is easy to install and you can keep the stock head unit, but if you are really concerned with quality, I would not reccommend one. I dont mind it for XM, but I want CD qualtiy with my ipod.

i was tired of wating so i went down to wal-mart to buy one of those fm things. Luckily they had one so i bought it and installed it in the bmw and it works pretty well, i was suprised considering it only cost $20. Took about 10min to install
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

Alright....

Well i installed the FM modulator with some help tonight. The install wasn't that hard but we didn't really know what we were doing. Once we got the headunit out and figured out where we were going to put the actual modulator it wasn't to difficult. We spliced in the wire to the 12v source and grounded the other one. The instructions were to the point. After it was all installed i tried it out.... sounded like sh!t....adjusted the volume on the unit and got better sound but still not really acceptable. After messing around with the sound for a little while i have come to the conclusion that the best sound capable is still not that great. ...far worse then a radiostation. On the drive home it sounded a tad better.... ill mess around with the wires tomorrow to see if i can fix it. I dont see how it can sound like crap when the modulator wires directly to the antenna. Any suggestions on better sound?

mine sounds good at 3/4 volume and the EQ. off, hope it helps
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

mine sounds good at 3/4 volume and the EQ. off, hope it helps

What model did you get? I just messed around with mine to get it to sound OK.... still a slight distortion....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.