Ipod Options.... 06 WRX - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ipod Options.... 06 WRX within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by BxLoco is it possible that the subaru dealership would put a 06 sti wing on a new ...

Quote Originally Posted by BxLoco
    is it possible that the subaru dealership would put a 06 sti wing on a new wrx????????

if you pay for it sure, wrong thread though.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by felo3769
    Probably like a radio station. A bit better that tape, but you may still get some interference from radio stations. as far as instructions, its not that difficult to take it apart. They work on plenty of cars but some are still stupid enough that they cant get it right. The wrx radio is probably one of the easiest to remove though.
    im nervous.... ill prob do it this weekend. Ill keep you guys updated.... as long as i know what wires to splice or w/e then i should be good.....
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSHADOW7
    im nervous.... ill prob do it this weekend. Ill keep you guys updated.... as long as i know what wires to splice or w/e then i should be good.....
    You'll do fine, just take your time. Looking at the diagram, you just need to tap +12ACC (go to Radio Shack and look for 'vampire' taps, or inline taps... you can't go wrong with those) and ground.

Placing an order for the Scosche FM-MOD01 Modulator. Im sure all will go well....
    TOOFAST im going to need to borrow your garage for a little bit

TOOFAST im going to need to borrow your garage for a little bit
    I guess you're incharge of bringing the pizza then
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Quote Originally Posted by TOOFAST88
    I guess you're incharge of bringing the pizza then

5-5-5 deal.

Probably like a radio station. A bit better that tape, but you may still get some interference from radio stations.
    Actually you shouldnt get any interference from radio stations because when you switch the Modulator on, the cars antenna is disconnected. The sound quality will be good, somewhere between tape and cd.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask

I really would like to do this to my car, but i know little to nothing about car audio and im afraid i may mess something up. I've never spliced wires and honestly do not know what grounding means . Would a shop be able to do this? Like circut city or best buy if i brought in the instructions to remove the headunit (or if i already had it out)? And how does it sound? Is it comparable to a tape or CD?
    In comparison to stock, a new head unit sounds great. You get clearer sound and much better base. The tricky part is that you need to do your research. =
    The most important thing when getting a head unit is RMS power. When they advertise the head unit, they usual advertise the peak power which is meaning less. The quality of the sound comming out of your stereo is determined by the area under the power curve of your head unit. Cheap head units have a high spike but almost no area under the curve and have a low RMS rating. Better unit don't have the spike and have much more area under the curve.

My Point: If you get a head unit with more then 22w rms per channel, it should sound great. You can find specs on crutchfield.com.

Bonus: If you get a head unit with the aux or rca input, you can plug your ipod directly into your head unit and not worry about any problems with FM modulators. Also you get CD quality sound rather then Radio quality.
    - Gone

i think i read somewhere that the factory sub upgrade has AUX plugs?? is this true? im kinda new to this also and it would be great if i could use my ipod im my car
    -05 CGM STi Blobeye Syndicate #4
    -97 Acura SLX totaled 231k
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by eld4au6
    i think i read somewhere that the factory sub upgrade has AUX plugs?? is this true? im kinda new to this also and it would be great if i could use my ipod im my car
    call the parts department at your local subaru and they should be able to answer for you, then when youn find out the answer tell us here... im pretty sure the answer is no though.
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

ah, I just said the hell with trying to figure it out and bought a new headunit (plus, I already have a sub, 2 amps and upgraded speakers so I might as well, but I still like the way the stock one look, but this headunit was cheap and it has 3 preamps and an auxiliary input which is all that I needed.

So im just going to get one of these, sicne it chargers the ipod and it has an auxiliary output as well.

Im going to unmount the cigarette lighter and leave it in the back so that I dont have the charger or anywires sticking out. I might make a custom mount for the ipod too, either something from the cubby that I will ahve now, or somethign that springs out when you open up to access the ashtray.
    i did the same thing a few weeks ago..the sound quality is horrible through the charger's jack so i just had to run a cord to the headphones

For those interested, this is the peice i will be installing on my 05 wrx. I have read numerous reviews one from a saab 9-2x owner (same headunit as 05-06 wrx). 24$

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3661255

Cheaper then crutchfield.

tell us how it works, i am afraid to hack into my new subaru but am willing to do this to my 83 bmw 320is.
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by eld4au6
    tell us how it works, i am afraid to hack into my new subaru but am willing to do this to my 83 bmw 320is.

Yes i am pretty damn afraid to say the least.... but after seeing my headlights baking in the oven i think ill be fine with splicin' a few wires.

true that
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.