HELP! with klipsch speakers....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on HELP! with klipsch speakers.... within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; so i bought the klipsch 5.1 promedia speakers the other day. they just came in. and i bought them of ...

HELP! with klipsch speakers....

so i bought the klipsch 5.1 promedia speakers the other day. they just came in. and i bought them of ebay, and they came in with some minor scratches and the sub has a dent on the speaker grill part. but thats not what i care about...what i DO care about is the performance.

so here's the problem, it came with a cord that had 3 outputs on it, one black, one yellow, and one green. but i bought this system so i could plug my iPod into it. and the green and yellow outputs both control 4 of the speakers plus the sub, and the black output controls the 5th speaker and a seperate little speaker looking thing. so i created a little diagram so you can see what the hell im talking about.

what do i do? is there a "thing" i can buy at best buy or something, that can converge all the wires and make all the speakers work in unison?

sorry if my audio jargen is off, i know NOTHING about audio eqip. so i appologize.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ipsch.JPG  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You will need a receiver (i think im no expert either).

I have an older Denon receiver and i just got some audio-in cables (monster makes them, they are white). They sound very good. Klipsch makes some quality speakers, hope this sorta helped.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

oh and another thing, someone said these speakers would "rock the house" and they do, but the sub is kinda lacking IMO.

there is this song by damien rice, which has some major streached out bass in it, i figure if a speaker can play that song without rattling then it can play anything. so i played the song with the speakers, and sure enough the sub rattles at somwhat high volumes.

is this normal, or should this system be able to take anything?

there is a 14 day warrenty on the system so im just wondering if i should return it and maybe buy something more "beefy." thing is this thing is giant, i mean its already a beast, how much bigger will i have to go to get quality? is it a quality over quantity thing with audio, meaning i dont need something "big" in order to get crisp sound.

I have the 4.1's for my desktop computer. They really do rock the house. Sorry i cant help you with your problem. Hope you get it working.

Quote Originally Posted by lonedw86
    I have the 4.1's for my desktop computer. They really do rock the house. Sorry i cant help you with your problem. Hope you get it working.
    do they ever rattle under high bass?

I haven't had any rattle with mine.

ok so i figured out the problem. the metal screen on the sub is kinda loose. you cant really feel it, but when you have it at high bass you can hear the rattling, so when i pushed the screen towards the sub, the rattling stopped. so im thinking all i'll do is just take the screen off.

also, does anyone here know the term for the piece of equipment i need in order to get all speakers to work at once?

Well, I know you want to hook this up to your ipod but wouldn't it just be easier to hook the speakers up to the computer and then just play the songs from that?

Not sure if the system came with the owners manual, but you can download it from http://www.klipsch.com/
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

The pro-media system delivers 6 channels of audio (5 main channels and one discreet channel [subwoofer]). Each of those mini-plugs carries 2 of the channels. To take full advantage of that system, you need a sound-card that has a six-channel output. Your iPod just has a 2-channel output. It will still sound really good, and (at least in my opinion) be better to listen to just 2 speakers and the sub, rather than all of the speakers. Your music is recorded in 2-channel audio, and anything through all of the speakers would cause a very off centered soundstage. If you want something for your iPod, the Klipsch iFi is about as good as it gets...rivaling much larger and more expensive component systems. They sell for $400 new, but you can buy a factory refurbished unit from www.klipsch.com for half of that! I would definitely look into it. The iGroove sounds really nice too, but at $279, I would no doubt get the refurbed iFi. But to get back to your original inquiry, there really isn't an effective way to use all of those speakers running solely off of your iPod.

i can't help ya ,but klipsch speakers rock. i have 2 rf-7 series floor speakers 3000 g for the pair,and a 1500 watt subwoofer paid about 3000 g for that . i am an audio file i guess i have a 3000 watt 7 channel b&k amp a b&k pre amp ,dennon cd player,and a monster power surge protector . i put about 14,000 into it. you can hear it a mile away

Quote Originally Posted by sonicrx
    i have 2 rf-7 series floor speakers 3000 g for the pair,and a 1500 watt subwoofer paid about 3000 g for that . i am an audio file i guess i have a 3000 watt 7 channel b&k amp a b&k pre amp ,dennon cd player,and a monster power surge protector . i put about 14,000 into it. you can hear it a mile away
    Not to knock it, but if you paid 3 g's for those speakers, you overpaid my friend. They can be had for much less. And I'm not talking eBay, I'm talking through an authorized retailer with full-warranty. I used to be a Klipsch guy and would NEVER knock them, but I recently switched over to Martin Logan speakers with their electrostatic transducer technology. Those are some sweet sounding speakers, particularly if you are in to critical 2 channel listening. They are very direct, even more so than the Klipsch I think. Also, they are absolutely beautiful looking (helpful if you have a lady-friend that hates the look of traditional floor speakers!). What monster surge protector are you using? I'd suggest you get in to a clean-power center and possible an AVS!

P.S. Sorry for the highjack, consider it a free bump for the answer to your original post deadwithoutyou!
    Last edited by bvbull200; 01-15-2006 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bvbull200
    Not to knock it, but if you paid 3 g's for those speakers, you overpaid my friend. They can be had for much less. And I'm not talking eBay, I'm talking through an authorized retailer with full-warranty. I used to be a Klipsch guy and would NEVER knock them, but I recently switched over to Martin Logan speakers with their electrostatic transducer technology. Those are some sweet sounding speakers, particularly if you are in to critical 2 channel listening. They are very direct, even more so than the Klipsch I think. Also, they are absolutely beautiful looking (helpful if you have a lady-friend that hates the look of traditional floor speakers!). What monster surge protector are you using? I'd suggest you get in to a clean-power center and possible an AVS!

P.S. Sorry for the highjack, consider it a free bump for the answer to your original post deadwithoutyou!
    you are right the rf-7's were 2750 4 years ago. i bought the martin logans first but they could not handle the power they kept blowing ,so the i was able to return them. they are very sensitive speakers,and thin. if you are looking to be the guy with super thin speakers ,and spend a few extra bucks,and not have alot of power they are the speaker to go with. i am not bashing those speakers either they are very nice,just not able to do what they need to with my setup. the rf-7's were able to handle everything i threw at them .that is why i went with them .the monster power unit is the 3rd piece down .it is a hts 2600,and it is a clean power unit. the amp is up top it is a b&k reference sereies 7250 II 7 channel ,the pre amp is a pt50 muti surround sound. the speaker wire are monster cables M2.5s i will post a pic or 2 . the sub woofer is a klipsch reference series 15" subwoofer 1500 watt self powered .all in all when i throw a subie meet people flock to the system,and leave deaf. i have been told it is as loud a s a concert ha ha . i bought this stuff 4 years ago. so prices were a little higher as the some of it was new technology.(rf-7's) when i bought this setup i wanted to scare the nieghbors when i turned it on,and if you knew my nieghbors you would do the same.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-010F.JPG   MVC-012F.JPG  
    Last edited by sonicrx; 01-15-2006 at 08:34 AM.

Nice set up indeed! I don't do the whole "scare the neighbors thing", which is why I guess these work for me. They aren't really thin speakers though overall, a large base, just thin electrostatic driver. That's some serious wire too! I just have THX Ultra 1000 wire, that stuff makes mine look like dental floss (and mines pretty heavy duty).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast