Subwoofer Rattle in trunk!!!!!!!!!! please help

This is a discussion on Subwoofer Rattle in trunk!!!!!!!!!! please help within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hey guys. I just put a new 12 inch infanty sub in my 05 wrx. It rattles so bad and ...

Subwoofer Rattle in trunk!!!!!!!!!! please help

Hey guys. I just put a new 12 inch infanty sub in my 05 wrx. It rattles so bad and the gain isn't even that high. I hear dynamat won't do that much from the guys at circuit city. Is there any other soultion i can do to fix it. Also the rattle is just as bad outside as it is inside

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

dynamat will help out alot. those guys at circut city were probably on crack
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

Do i Dynamat the whole trunk or just the to

I had two tens in my wrx, but ended up takin them out cause the rattling was unbearable. I put dynamat on every surface in my trunk and still could not eliminate the rattle. I found out the majority of the rattling was coming from the tailights or behind them. Either or I just said screw it and took the subs out. The license plate also rattles quite a bit.
    03 PSM WRX(Herbie)- Deceased
    05 PSM STI(Angus)- New numbers coming soon!

Pics and Mods

This might help
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=882923

I'll probably do that soon. But I don't know how much it will help. I think even more of the rattling is coming from the bumper than the trunk. The license plate rattles a little, but more from the bumper.

http://edesignaudio.com/category.php?type=damp

dont buy dynamat it is a RIP OFF.

I would try to isolate the rattles as much as you can and focus on those areas first. Dynamat, or other materials like that will help add mass and strength to panels that are vibrating. If installed correctly it will help alot. Alot of the rattles usually come from where any plastic parts (tail lights,license plate) bolt or snap into the metal. I've always had good luck with placing foam or soft carpet in between those parts. It just takes alittle time tracking them down.
    "I see us as being in the art business. Art, entertainment and mobile sculpture, which, coincidentally, also happens to provide transportation."--Bob Lutz

www.audiointegrations.net

I found that most of the rattling from my sub comes from the rear deck. Make sure it's in securely. I also suggest you make sure that your back plate is on tight too. I've heard the differance with dynamatting in other cars, and it's very noticeable, yet I've also seen that it might have to be replaced or re-installed if not done so correctly.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.