Bangin' stereo for 06 wrx!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Bangin' stereo for 06 wrx! within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Yea, so i've had my stereo in for a while now, but i never got around to posting it. But ...

Bangin' stereo for 06 wrx!

Yea, so i've had my stereo in for a while now, but i never got around to posting it. But tonight's your lucky night, cause here it is. I have some pics of the install, as well the final product. Check it out, give me some feedback.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AmpInstall2.jpg 
Views:	1006 
Size:	208.2 KB 
ID:	58867
    This pic shows all the wiring for the amplifiers, two power cables from the battery, and one ground to the battery that they both share.

Name:	Crossover.jpg 
Views:	1009 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	58868
    This is the crossover for the Infinity Kappa Perfect component speakers, which i mounted to the door using 3m double sided tape

Name:	EDAMP.jpg 
Views:	997 
Size:	194.7 KB 
ID:	58869
    A close up on the Elemental Designs speaker amp

Name:	RightPanel.jpg 
Views:	996 
Size:	196.4 KB 
ID:	58870
    A better view of the componet system

Name:	Stereo.jpg 
Views:	987 
Size:	176.9 KB 
ID:	58871
    So this is it, the final product. Elemental Design amp and Infinity Reference sub amp putting out about 1000 RMS watts (being helped out by a Rockford Fosgate 1.5 farad capacitor). You may think 1 10 in sub wouldnt hit hard, but the Kappa Perfect series is absolutely unbelievable. Othen than building a panel to mount the sub and amps on, it was a pretty easy install. (and yes, i did all the work myself)

p.s. I have an Alpine 9827 headunit powering this stuff, and Infinty kappa 4 1/2's in the rear door, but no pictures of those, sorry
    Last edited by nocturnal_wrx; 07-05-2007 at 09:56 AM.
    "You may say the grill is ugly...but thats ok...you wont see it when your behind me"
    Hawk-Eye alliance #004

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sweet man,,
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

where did you route your wire from the battery to the trunk? Nice looking setup too I've always loved Infinity speakers
    13.6 @98 bone stock slowly getting better
    13.5 @99 still bone stock saving for aps everything

Does the trunk rattle when it thumps? I have a 12" Type R waiting to be installed from my old RSX. But i hate the tin sound of a trunk rattling.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Thanks!! About the wiring, i can tell you that it isnt fun at all There's a plug in the firewall that you can pull out, so you can get the power/ground into the cabin that way. In the cabin, i ran the speaker wires and RCA's behind the door panels, and the power/grounds under the carpet, under the back seat, and into the trunk. It took quite a while, but definately worth it, cause all the wiring is invisible!!

As for trunk rattle...yea, it rattles a little bit. Not as bad as i thought it would, and most of the rattle was solved by putting velcro cushions between the liscense plate and the car, which kept that form vibrating. The spolier also seems to contribute to the rattle. But IMO, 12's are probably gonna make one's trunk shake more than 10's will. However, soundproofing (such as dynomat) will reduce rattle by a lot, so you might wanna look into that.
    "You may say the grill is ugly...but thats ok...you wont see it when your behind me"
    Hawk-Eye alliance #004

is there anyway you can take a picture of that hole in the firewall and how exactly you accesed it?
    13.6 @98 bone stock slowly getting better
    13.5 @99 still bone stock saving for aps everything

I woulda mounted the amps and the cap against the back of the seat and put the box to the side for more trunk space. Looks good tho, nice install
    - Local Riceist

platinum_sti, im away from my car for the weekend, but when i get back, ill take some pictures of the hole, and show you how to get to it.

ScoobVee, as for mounting the amps on the back of the seats, the material is mighty weak, so i didnt wanna take any chances (that was my initial idea of my stereo setup btw). However, it's soo much more fun to spend all day buling a panel and carpeting it for your amps! But thanks!!!
    Hawk-Eye alliance #004

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnal_wrx
    ScoobVee, as for mounting the amps on the back of the seats, the material is mighty weak, so i didnt wanna take any chances (that was my initial idea of my stereo setup btw). However, it's soo much more fun to spend all day buling a panel and carpeting it for your amps! But thanks!!!
    Ive done it a few times before. Just get some mdf carpet it (looks oem} and bold it to the two brackets there, mount the amps to it.
    - Local Riceist

pics of rear doors with panels installed?

or did you not do componants
    oops

I dont have pics of the rear door install, but the rear doors come off practically the same way as the fronts.

If you want instructions for the removal, go to my thread at...
    Speaker Install / Door panel removal 2006 wrx

For some pictures of the front panel with the components, go to...
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2105193/3

I used componant speakers in the front door, but only multi-element 5 1/4's in the rear door. Hope that helps.
    Hawk-Eye alliance #004

hey festa, i live down kentwood bluffs, my name is mike,( the kid with the goped and couple of dirtbikes) and ive been drooling over your car since you got it! You actually really pissed me off. I was going to get an 06 WRX in Black, then you got it... Any way, nice car

Hole in Firewall

Yeah I really need to see this hole in the firewall that pops out too. Or if anyone else has a way to get the power wire through the car that suggestion would be much appreciated. I've looked for grommets and such and by the pedals and I can't find one that I can also find on the engine side of the firewall because there are so many things blocking it. If anyone knows of an easily accessible one, thanks. And pictures would be amazing. thanks

holy crap, first off, your crossovers are inside the door for the componets? whats going to happen to the circut board on that when it gets wet? and it will. wow, i really need to start posting some pics of my install if you think that is clean. can see no wires? i can. I guess if it sounds good who cares right?

the firewall hole is behind the clutch pedal. Look at it where the carpet ends and you will see a little black plug and it comes right out. Only reason I know about this is becasue the *****tards that installed my radio just took it out and ran the cable through there, instead of making a slit in the actual plug. I notced somethign was wrong because I can hear my engine loud as hell. for now I just stuffed a small towel there because I didnt feel like disconnecting the amp wire to the battery and rewiring but I will eventually.

nocturnal, nice install. I really like your box, oyou build it yourself? I have an infinity kappa perfect dvc 10" as well and its powered by an alpine mrd500 I believe. And i have some infinity referneces (pretty crappy but itll do) powered by an alpine mrv-f340. Its running off the stock headunit right now, but I should have my headunit in by friday so it should sound a whole lot better. BUt even now, thr trunk does rattle. Do you have your box bolted down or not? I dont but I just ghettorigged it and have it tied down with a bungee cord with the strut bar My amps are bolted on the back of the seats btw, which is good for space, but sucks if I ever have to adjust it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.